Future Is Bright: Phase 2.5 Released

So, does this actually reflect the environment around it, or only the skybox?

4 Likes

WOW! This puts ROBLOX at a new level of computing! Can’t wait for Phase 3.

2 Likes

Does this only makes the material : METAL, look realistic or the other materials will be affected by it?

3 Likes

oh man I love it

22 Likes

It varies with each material. Metal (2nd row, 3rd column), Foil (4th row, 2nd column), and Diamond Plate (4th row, 4th column) gain the most benefits. Others only are mildly changed, like Granite (3rd row, 3rd column).

Note that the skybox, time of day, and other lighting influences will affect the appearance, too.

21 Likes

Is there a download link so we can play with it?

Edit:
Forget I asked it’s in studio you just have to go to lighting and change EnvironmentalSpecularScale to 1 and change
EnvironmentalDiffuseScale to 1 using shadow map, voxel, and Compatibility Lighting.

Have fun using this @SpiralGaia

1 Like

Foil becomes a gemstone when you mix the right properties!

42 Likes

Am I doing something wrong? Everything looks blue and it messes with the colors in my place…

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

13 Likes

change the skybox, it effects lighting now

4 Likes

If I can’t have a blue sky without my whole world turning blue then this update isn’t really useful to me… I think something else is wrong because that doesn’t seem like the desirable effect.

9 Likes

https://gyazo.com/65f25b90ac534dbd9b8f11bf8e9186f8

“The Vex have no hope. No imagination, no drive, no fear. All they have is The Pattern.”

23 Likes

@rachjumper is correct. You need to change to a skybox where the below-horizon half is not blue, or a skybox with ground in it.

Here is a skybox I’d recommend. You will notice much less blue-tinting with this:
https://www.roblox.com/library/137329047/Bright-Blue-Sky

Also, turn your OutdoorAmbient all the way down for a more desirable result.

3 Likes

Thanks that makes more sense, I’ll take a look at it.

1 Like

This is amazing. I am on mobile and I am pratically dying because the fact that I can’t add these amazing features to my game yet. Just have to wait I guess. This can open up possibilities of making realistic images, aka graphic design, with Roblox studio. Thanks for these amazing updates. I am so grateful that the Roblox team is working so hard for these amazing new features

2 Likes

Its a bit better but I’m still seeing some oddly colored trees and a lot of textures look really flat and overly bright (like cobblestone).

5 Likes

Is that with negative reflectancy?

https://gyazo.com/a9d37d724bcdfcd7c15405512cbf0c18

Literally all I did was change EnvironmentSpecularScale from 0 to 1. No fancy skyboxes or other property changes. Just a regular ball. Foil works best with darker colors though.

20 Likes

Best advice I can give is to tweak the post-processing and brightness settings. Some materials will look a bit flatter with PBR enabled and some will look more bumpy. However, they will look much more consistent in different lighting scenarios such as in shadow and nighttime as stated in OP.

Absolutely Stunning. I have fallen in love with the illuminating effect it makes on the player and the world around them!

15 Likes

These new lighting features are truly amazing.

1 Like