Future Is Bright: Phase 2.5 Released

Is this bug also the case for my post? Here is an image for what I am talking about, which when EnvironmentDiffuseScale is set to 0, is pitch black, but anything above and it starts to become visible.

I want to use EnvironmentDiffuseScale, but I can’t use it in my friend’s dark ride games if it is going to make areas that are supposed to be not visible(pitch black) become partially visible due to the light it brings.

2 Likes

You could either raise the Ambient value to something like 80,80,80 or put in lights to brighten that space. Its most likely because your Ambient and OutdoorAmbient values are set at 0, which cause the room to get dark.

1 Like

I think you might have misheard me, I want it to be pitch black, however raising EnviromentDiffuseScale makes it partially visible, which I don’t want so riders cant see that they are transitioning between scenes.

1 Like

Use a dark or black skybox.

thirtychars

2 Likes

They’ve already started development of custom material maps, mentioned at RDC last year (also you can test this feature out right now with one of the links in their avatar evolution beta announcement, if I recall correctly.) But I can definitely agree that a smooth metal material built into the engine would be pretty nice.

1 Like

I have a question, when I bring up the two scales, my place looks really blue, am I doing something wrong?

1 Like

This new lighting looks amazing, can’t wait for more updates related to it and custom textures!

27 Likes

Amazing to see Destiny stuff on Roblox! :heart:

1 Like

I tested this, it didn’t change anything and looks exactly the same to the image I posted.

This looks insane!! Big difference in lighting, though it looked great nonetheless.

1 Like

This looks great it took me a while to find the right skybox, but when i did my game looked great here are a few screenshots.

6 Likes

With the new PBR rendering, the materials are more desirable. It’d be great to support seamless materials across multiple parts. Here is a feature suggestion and a discussion of the issue:

3 Likes

Thanks for the awesome lighting update! :heart:

We’ll have support for new lighting on Jailbreak this weekend. Can’t wait for everybody to see it, I feel like we have some really good atmospheres going on!
Here are some screenshots!

54 Likes

Love the new lighting! I had to tweak the settings a bit however so that my map wasn’t too “blue” from the sky.

6 Likes

This is aboslutly amazing and worthfully, I can’t wait for test it on the studio, this will add more realism to my games and maybe to my showcases :smile:

2 Likes

holyy… that looks amazing!
big fan btw

2 Likes

Thank you, that makes it look so good.

2 Likes

Those rain clouds, are they genuinely 3d or is it just me? I’m also curious if they’re animated or not. Looks clean af though.

3 Likes

The clouds in the first and third images appear to be part of the skybox, however the clouds in the second image look like a 3d model.

3 Likes

Thats because of the rain script they used. They probably made it so that when it rains, it puts some transparent-ish cloud models to act like rain clouds. Thats why they look 3D

@LaAerooo

3 Likes