Future Is Bright Phase 3: How to enable it

Roblox have released a new FIB beta release on sitetest2. It is possible to download this version of studio and test out the new Future Is Bright features.

Tools you need
Roblox Studio Mod Manager by @Maximum_ADHD (Download)
This tool allows you to change where Studio is downloaded as well as enable/disable FFlags. We’ll need this to download and enable it.

I’m aware that this tool is flagged by multiple anti-viruses, this tool is 100% safe and you can safely dismiss the false flag.

Anyway, onto the tutorial.

1. Start the RobloxStudioModManager tool
  2. Set your Studio Branch to sitetest2.robloxlabs
  3. Start Roblox Studio by pressing Launch Studio
  4. Wait for it to load then close it again
  5. Restart the mod manager
  6. Go to the FFlag Editor
  7. Search for ‘FFlagFutureIsBrightPhase3’ and then select Override Selected
  8. Select the value and change it to true
  9. Close the Flag Editor and then press Launch Studio
  10. Set your Lighting Technology to Future and now FIB 3 is enabled

Notes

Future Is Bright Phase 3 is still very buggy, it’s not ready for production, expect it to crash.

75 Likes

If you guys just wait like a week or two they’ll have an official beta for it lol.
The actual flag you should use is FFlagFutureIsBrightPhase3

Remember to use my mod manager responsibly!

25 Likes

For anyone out of the loop on why this is happening, the program got misdiagnosed as a trojan because it installs and runs an exe file. Out of context that sounds bad and it’d make sense why antivirus programs are trigger happy about it, but the reality is that its just installing and running builds of Roblox Studio lol.

If you have any problems downloading or installing the application, you can try some of the following:

1. Update your malware definitions. I’ve had Microsoft clear the program twice now but other anti-virus vendors may not have caught up yet.

2. Fork the repository directly through GitHub Desktop.

3. Build the exe directly with Visual Studio 2019.

12 Likes

is there any inherent differences from 2.0?

1 Like

Have you seen the lighting quality, my dude?

8 Likes

You mean it’s coming before the 4th quarter, no way?!

3 Likes

Wow! I cant believe this, Roblox becoming more realistic! Cant wait when popular games will use it :star_struck:

4 Likes

I can’t see the difference in that image, bur credits to rocky28447 on twitter

4 Likes

I cannot change the value for any reason

It is weird that when I run the app on my win10 XPS13, it removes the exe instantly and gives no error message other than a sound

2 Likes

Thanks that it’s safe. I stopped when I saw it’s said it’s has malware. Well it’s was false, can’t wait.

Actually, I’m gonna wait till it’s in beta or release. That will save my computer.

It won’t hurt your computer.

10 Likes

Why would it impose a danger to your computer?

2 Likes

Just to be clear, this doesn’t work in a real game yet, just in studio playtesting, correct?

1 Like

Correct. Only works in studio.

Ah, okay. Thanks for letting me know, i’m excited for this to ship soon!

1 Like

OH WAIT 0.437.0.406482 (May 06) where is target version? :thinking:

1 Like

Even when I was able to download and open the mod manager, the mod manager wasn’t doing anything and the progress bar was completely empty and never changed.

1 Like

Future is Bright Phase 3 Godbless Pray Fib3 Updates Amen! :pray: :indonesia:

2 Likes