Future is Bright Phase 3 Released

Thanks! I dunno how to do that since I’m a builder but thanks anyways!

1 Like

When i set shadowmap to future, it doesnt show up realism
how do i fix this?
https://gyazo.com/447bcd3a2f687c38f4a9cdd55a5527f7

i am running windows 7, not mac os

1. Check your Graphics settings, ideally use Graphics 21 (Press Alt+S and go to rendering, then change edit quality level to 21)

2. If that failed, make sure you’re using a supported Graphics technology, like vulkan or metal.

My computer seems to be slower, At Dec 2021 i get a new computer with better graphics card to enable FIB Phase 3

edit: i already got a good pc

1 Like

So I’ve been able to use this for the first time when it came out for Studio, however, once it was released in-game as well Future is Bright was no longer available for me. I’m not sure if this is a graphics card issue since I don’t meet the device requirements or something similar. My graphics card is NVIDIA Geforce 220 which is extremely outdated I know. In studio whenever I put on max graphics/render settings it won’t appear even though it’s set to Edit Quality: 21 and Lighting: Future. I’ve made a post about this but it didn’t really get a lot of traction since I believe not a lot of people have the same problem as myself.

1 Like

If it doesn’t show up, try changing your graphics mode (File > Studio Settings > Rendering > GraphicsMode)

It only works with DirectX11, Vulkan, Metal

Not sure if others are supported with the new Lighting.

If none of them work, it’s maybe not supported with the current graphics card

1 Like

I would like to expand upon this just a bit.

iy5S18vMw5

This problem seems to only happen when there’s too many light sources in one area, in my experience, it doesn’t matter if its a big map or not.

The GIF I took is from my home/hangout world that I and couple of friends built for fun, I’m thinking of reverting back to shadow map until this issue is fixed, since my friends and other players with low spec hardware are complaining about their clients choking.

This is my FPS when turning on the lights, now for me I have very good hardware, but yet 27 FPS?

My hardware being: 32 gigs of RAM, Nvidia RTX 2060, and a Ryzen 3700X.

I should not be lagging.

Update: Upon writing this sometimes the FPS drops to 19 or the lowest being 18 when trying to move around.

Update 2: The faster the lights flicker the lower FPS drops it seems.

5 Likes

Are shadows on? If they are turn all of them off since they can really tank fps depending on how much are shadowed in games from how it works.

1 Like

I think this actually shows that future lighting overall isn’t optimized compared to shadowmap which is only just sun shadows.

But what could I say. Optimizing something takes alot of work.

Update: Future lighting gets more laggy when there is more pointlights. Future has no performance impact when there is no lights and only just sun shadows. (The behavior is shadowmap so you would have the same fps until one light object is added)

3 Likes

quick update - hopefully we fixed most of the issues (including flickering and improved perf when there’s too many lights) and plan to flip some flags soonish

17 Likes

Has there been a specific answer to what I mentioned above?

Can confirm this fixed nothing whatsoever.

1 Like

I would agree, I only get about 5-7 FPS more than before in my map, Abandoned Facility Revamp (Up from 15-20 FPS to 17-27 FPS), still bad enough to render it unplayable.

Could you decrease the range at which specular highlights show? Its silly to see them like 4k studs away. It probably would help perf too.

1 Like

From what I saw, it did not fix the flickering lights. Plus whatever you guys shipped with the update also messed up the skybox.
Flickering Lights are still not fixed (1.6 MB)

4 Likes

I recommend to send the place file (you could dm it to them if you want to if you dont want anyone else accessing it) where it happens so he or she can see what’s going on. Videos and pictures wont help if he or she doesn’t have any way to reproduce your issue, or access the game that its occurring to diagnose the problem.

i didn’t say we flipped the flags. the version that has them all is not out yet but its coming. i’ll post when everything is on

4 Likes

Oh. Then what happened to the skybox? Also, please don’t say that the “optimization” to many lights in a single area is just turning off shadows.

If you want them to investigate what happened to the skybox send a .rblx for him to download so he can diagnose the issue. They won’t know what’s going on if you dont give him that and cant fix your issue. Instead of ignoring what I said before just send it and reproduction steps if you can.