Future Is Bright: Phase 3 - Studio Beta

A solution would be that a script could control the graphics settings (like with shift lock) and disable some graphic levels, it could look like this (also it’s just a concept i didn’t script that i just edited the image

)

4 Likes

Disabling graphics levels would remove the little choice the end-user has over how much power the game can use from their computer, and make games unplayable on mobile and low-end devices. I don’t think this should be added in any form - the user should ALWAYS be able to choose their desired graphics settings.

8 Likes

You’re right but then how do we solve that problem if the shadows are so exigent? :thinking:

2 Likes

The problem can be solved by Roblox better optimising their client as well as making it more efficient, making it easier and more probable that people will use higher graphics settings. You cannot eliminate the people who simply require the reduced settings, and as a result Roblox will need to modify how they work with Future so that the lighting appears similarly as dark as it would be with shadows, without being too graphically intense on a player’s device.

9 Likes

Optimizing is a hard work and can break a lot of things, but it seems the best option.

1 Like

We can already force graphics quality with rendering settings I think.

1 Like

It looks so beautiful! I’m super impressed on how so amazing talented developers are and using this to make their place even cooler. Thanks for this Roblox!

2 Likes

That would sure get you a lot of dislikes. If I played a game and I couldn’t change my graphics setting down low enough, I would dislike the game.

7 Likes

Oh, i didn’t know. :thinking:

I’m (kinda) new to scripting anyways but who cares lol

1 Like

Me too! Just started 1-2 months ago.

2 Likes

Why tho? The developer does what he want with his game. If he forces you to use high graphics he have his reasons

2 Likes

Correct, but I don’t think it’s the optimal business move, but if one wants to choose that, they can. Or at least the rendering quality.

1 Like

I mean, just for being a roblox game it has to give you total freedom of the graphics? Imagine a horror games with future. Without shadows it would lose the grace

3 Likes

I think it definitely depends on what type of game the developer is going for. If you’re going for a realistic horror game with gore when game ratings come out, go right ahead. But if you’re making a Piggy game or an Adopt Me type game or a tycoon, it really doesn’t matter about the graphics quality at that point.’

What I’ll say is that optional graphics quality should not sacrifice gameplay.

1 Like

Well, think about it this way. You have a computer that can only play Roblox on the lowest graphics settings without lagging. You can play most games just fine, but then you join one game and it lags horribly. You look at your graphics settings and see that you can’t change it down to the lowest setting. So you can either: continue playing the game but have a very low framerate and possibly overheating your PC, or you leave the game and can’t play it at all. That would make most people mad, including myself.

5 Likes

You got my point! Some games NEED high graphic quality to work best while others don’t do

3 Likes

Agreed, since I also have a low-end pc right now. But I can’t get too mad because it was my decision to join the game. As long as I was warned before hand that it was gonna be a heavy game.

2 Likes

True, but not everyone’s computer can handle high graphics. So you either let people who can’t get high graphics play with lower graphics or you don’t let them play at all.

3 Likes

You’re very right there, but a developer does what he want with THEIR game and should have total freedom over everything on the game, if it lags it’s the developer’s responsability. (Btw i also have a low-end pc and there is no much difference between min and max graphic settings…?)

I think it’s the best decision to have the most compatibility between low-end devices. But it shouldn’t sacrifice the game’s game play or quality. For example, play a horror game and turn off shadows and have the lowest quality possible. Sometimes, it breaks the game to it’s core.

1 Like