Future Is Bright: Phase 3 - Studio Beta

Then at that point you might have to change the core mechanics of the game in order to have compatibility.

I agree, but it’s still on beta. Let’s pray so it’s solved on latest version

2 Likes

Just a small nitpick here, but it looks like you’re emphasizing the male gender rather than the fact that it’s their own game. “Their” (or perhaps “THEIR”) would probably work better here.

3 Likes

Oh thanks, spanish man here xd

4 Likes

As a studio nerd, I am personally so excited for this! I love messing with lighting to make my game look alot nicer. I also can’t wait for the new clouds!

Advice for other devs: Use the new atmosphere lighting! It doesn’t do much at first but with the right values it can really transform your game massively!

5 Likes

Lots of discussion on how this will affect mobile devices.

This just makes me even more painfully aware of how Roblox’s goal to work on all platforms greatly stymies and slows engine improvements such as this one. Does Roblox want to be accessible or powerful? How can Roblox continue to present itself as an accessible and powerful platform if developers have to sacrifice elements of their vision for their game to make it playable or at least have confidence that it will be played?

We also could use more advanced graphics settings but every time this suggestion is brought up we get shut down with “it’s too confusing for players” as if that’s the end-all solution and nothing else should be tried. Let people opt on to advanced graphics or something. This is going to be an issue increasingly worth addressing with this update.

7 Likes

how is that rude? is Ubisoft rude for only making games for higher-end pcs? is other gaming companies evil for making games specifically for people who have good PCs?

5 Likes

Roblox can simply not afford to lose people using lower-end devices as they generate too much income for the company. Keeping the support there is a win-win for players and for Roblox. It’s different when you discuss games which have always only run on higher end hardware, because the lower-end margin of profit was never there to begin with.

4 Likes

This is very true. Roblox makes millions off of mobile users on Roblox. We can’t afford to lose them. The only think Roblox can do now is making sure they don’t send out updates that make Roblox unplayable for those with lower end computers/phones. Like me.

8 Likes

I also have a low-end PC. I’m getting a new and better one in a week or so. But since I migrated from mobile to a low-end PC to a high power PC, I know how stressful it is to not have compatibility with lower-end devices. We can’t just drop mobile to make the game look better with higher graphics. If we did, then it would just be Steam.

Roblox has the full capability to compete with these huge platforms like Unreal Engine and Unity, and they have the massive budget to. But they can’t forget about half of their entire income. Although I have hope that we CAN AND WILL HAVE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS. Roblox is adding the Vulkan engine that allows low-end devices to run high graphic games. I do trust in Roblox that they will do the right thing when it comes to compatibility.
Edit: Vulkan is already on mobile. I went on my iphone 7 and tried playing and I was completely fine with 5 graphics quality when I couldn’t even survive at 3 before-hand.

3 Likes

Wait where did you hear about a Vulcan engine? I agree with you though!

1 Like

ORGKAN? See what is happeniong? Glitches…plane fighting? effect what is going wrong!

Attitionaliy, is this texture tempray?

Because is lookeds ugly, and

Subtle grid texure when seen

This is not happen in other lighting mode. Only future

Look like a gross organ mush when too!

5 Likes

What does Orgkan mean? I’m confused.

2 Likes

My friend told me about it. He knows a lot of stuff.

1 Like

I’m confused on what those different settings are. Hiw do they work?

I’m not too sure, but what I know it that it handles objects better and rendering better on lower end devices like android and lower windows systems.

I have more to add to the Roblox lag rant. About 3 years ago, I used a old Mac that was about 10 or so years old. That one ran vehicle simulator fine. But now that I got a newer 4 year old laptop, it barely runs vehicle simulator 60 fps on low settings. I think Roblox has been getting more laggy over time. I’m so confused. :frowning:

1 Like

That could be because of the programming inside of the game. The more lines of code run at the same time, the laggier the game becomes. That’s also why a game called Yandere Simulator(not on roblox) is so laggy, even with the beefiest and strongest computers. He has too many esleif statements, which basically means when a value isn’t correct, it will run another line of code until the correct value is reached. And there’s thousands of code run EVERY FRAME! GTA 5 runs better than that game LOL. Could be a part of the game or they changed the rendering quality.

2 Likes

It’s mean’s orgin,

Yeah the code optimization is something to take into consideration. But I highly doubt SimBuilder would make the game more laggy over time. Also, adding to the mac, the mac can’t even RUN Roblox anymore.

2 Likes