Future Is Bright: Phase 3 - Studio Beta

How old is the mac? 4 years old or more than that?

Turns out, I was wrong about the age, it’s 14 years old.

1 Like

That’s probably why. An old family mac I have is 10 yrs old and can only run studio.
Edit: Not the one I’m using right now though.

The specs of my current laptop is a 6th generation Intel i7 processor, 16 GB Ram, and a Nvidia 940 MX

1 Like

Those are pretty decent specs. Turn off Roblox running on you CPU instead of your GPU. It should make it run better unless if your GPU is worse than your CPU.

1 Like

I don’t think those specs are good I think almost most of the PC community has high end gaming pcs.
I’ve tried both, I don’t notice a big change in how it runs.

1 Like

That actually looks pretty good

I like that metal look, I can’t decide if it’s better than the previous one though

the lighting in the cave is cool but the gun pitch black lol

turning off specular or changing the material aren’t really options which is why I’m deciding to not use it in environments like this

1 Like

Oh whoops I thought he was taking about the shadow property in the lights

I love this difference, it’s amazing how switching technologies can change an atmosphere of a room so much.

2 Likes

Looks sweet! I am looking in to using this soon

Will this have support for reflective materials? EG mirrors. As it would be nice to make vehicles have a glossy finish without having the colors look brighter. (Happens when you try making black reflective but shows with a blueish color)

4 Likes

This is amazing, can’t wait for possible phase 4!!!

7 Likes

I thought phase 3 was the last???

4 Likes

No. Phase 3 is the last Future is Bright phase, there is no phase 4 as far as I’m aware

1 Like

I hope not. There’s still a lot of improvements to be made when it comes to the graphical engine like volumetric lighting and such. Same with reflections with objects that don’t just reflect the skybox.

2 Likes

Pretty sure that all of that is out of scope for the Future is Bright project

5 Likes

Can’t wait for it to be more optimized!

(wish light distribution was a bit better though)

30 Likes

If we get live reflections, I will be the happiest person alive. Imagine the things we could do with it!

3 Likes