Future Is Bright: Phase 3 - Studio Beta

Phase 4 will not be a thing, I don’t know where you got that information from. All there will be is Phases 1, 2, 2.5, and 3 there will not be a phase 4 as phase 3 is basically completion.

4 Likes

Yeah! I don’t know why they haven’t yet because Terrain water already has SSR (screen-space reflections). They could probably use whatever code they used to make the water material reflective for parts, although I know nothing about rendering and stuff so I could be wrong.

2 Likes

I think I heard the water reflections are a illusion and not the actual live reflection. I’m not sure.

1 Like

Sadly, I agree with you. Live reflections will come later down the road though. I know it.

2 Likes

Will this be released live into game play anytime soon? Been waiting a while now…

2 Likes

It’s supposed to come anywhere around October or December. It says here on the 2020 Roamap Roblox Creator Roadmap

2 Likes

When is this update getting released?

1 Like

There’s a post right above yours saying that’ll likely come out in October or December:

Please take the time to read other posts/replies before making your own. I don’t mean to come off as rude, but asking questions that have already been answered clutters up the thread

6 Likes

Fairly pleased with the new lighting technology so far! I’m eager to see what the final phase is gonna be like :slight_smile:

14 Likes

If theres every going to be a FiBv4 (very unlikely) I want a thing like unity’s shader graph, It’s very useful and could be used perfectlu in some situations.

3 Likes

Not gonna lie this lighting is amazing

1 Like

Mobile players = majority of the playerbase = majority of the revenue. Pretty simple.

4 Likes

The engine has developed over the years, it won’t be as easy to run as it was 10 years ago.

5 Likes

I built a quick game to learn something about magnitude, but then switched the lighting to future and boom! Huge difference. Check out the examples!

ShadowMap

Future

You can play the game here :smiley:
cube party

11 Likes

Wow! That lighting is so vibrant! FIB 3 really is a good improvement.

1 Like

That’s true. But I’m sure Roblox can optimize some day. Happy birthday!!

1 Like

Yeah, ROBLOX is going to be optimizing this a lot. I’ve already seen a improvement in that factor since the release of the beta version. Another thing though is, I like where ROBLOX is going here. It’s true ROBLOX shouldn’t evolve to the point that low end pcs and mobile devices can’t run anything but let’s be honest here. They can make it to the point where it’s the developer’s decision on what audience they want to attract. It’s the same concept with just any normal triple a game so I truly love what ROBLOX is doing here, give the developers the tools and what they do with them is up to how they want to go about it. Of course optimize as much as you can but there’s always limitations on just how much you can optimize something so there will be projects where mobile players may not be able to play the game but that’s the developers decision as well as the developer’s own personal optimizations how they want the game made. But of course, more often than not the front page wouldn’t be too taxing to the point mobile is out of the question entirely but still, it’s fun to make something absolutely stunning even if a decent majority wouldn’t be able to play it. :slight_smile:

12 Likes

It would be nice if there was a way to change how far a light object would take to fade out. It would also be good if there was a way to change how far it takes to fade out on the sides separately from how far it takes to fade out towards the end of the light.

1 Like

Love the update, I’ll be sure to use this once it’s released however, there are some bugs I’ve found where it creates a circular shadow around the object but for now I’m using this update in naturist environments as well as lighting improvements.

6 Likes

Whats up with this? I’m guessing its a shadow glitch.

7 Likes