Future Is Bright: Phase 3 - Studio Beta

@Infuriashon @Crazedbrick1 @ittrgrey This update won’t affect low-end devices. Future lighting is automatically disabled on lower graphics settings. It’s up to the game developers to decide if they will support mobile users or not.

8 Likes

would be good if you could make the brightness/range smaller to be more accurate with smaller lighting props, regardless this is amazing

1 Like

I love this so much thank you really. But I have a few questions for the future. Are you planning to add global illumination, light shafts, actual reflections and not a skybox (and have options to have real time or not), coloured shadows, have the shadows change brightness depending on the transparency of a part, particle shadows, maybe even subsurface scattering, and volumetric lighting? I think this really would add a lot more realism to roblox and make everything look better way and might help compete with other game engines like with unreal and unity.

8 Likes

This is the final phase. I’m not sure where your getting this information from.

2 Likes

Right now it’s still in beta. I was referring to the feature not being complete yet since there are some small glitches that can make it look wacky. This is why I said :

2 Likes

Oh oops, I thought you were referring to “phase 4” cause some people think theirs gonna be a phase 4 but there isn’t. Whoops!

3 Likes

The new lighting looks awesome!
My only complaint is the performance. It doesn’t run very well even on high-end PC.

22 Likes

This definitely makes scary games more scarier

37 Likes

oh god that’s terrifying KILL IT!! But in all seriousness it really does, I just hope they fix the issue with voxel looking wayy too bright compared to fib3.

5 Likes

So when do we get Roblox in 8k 60fps, so I have a reason to buy the RTX 3090 graphicscard?

6 Likes

Is that game open to play? I would play that anytime!

That looks awesome! I will definitely put this lighting feature into some of my horror games, that thing looks out of the blue amazing. You do deserve some more fame from that thing, the black thing behind that pillar adds a more horrific tone to it. You did a great job with using the new lighting system for that.

I love that so much it is so cool.

2 Likes

:smiley:

30 Likes

roblox doesnt even support 4k right now methinks

1 Like

This is from the future. Anyways enough with jokes. I have been using it for a while it is amazing in MY OPINION. FIB3 helps with my game projects and lighting. You need to fix some shadows in my opinion it does not match up. In my opinion I will give it about a 9.5!

3 Likes

Just wanted to bring this to the attention of Roblox engineers considering this is the current announcement thread about lighting, that reasonably recent unannounced changes within the past 9-10 months have had a negative impact on visual elements inside all lighting modes - please see all of the bugs mentioned in the thread below:

6 Likes

Some project i am doing and using Future lighting to build it because its not going to be done for a bit but here is a look at my teams scene!

i think the lighting looks much better than from the past and will make our game look amazing.

19 Likes

the nostalgia is real in that image

4 Likes

This looks amazing, what game is this?
Btw how do you get so many trees and not tank gpu?