Future Is Bright: Phase 3 - Studio Beta

I’d imagine the different version of Studio is actually a test build and not meant for release usage (so many of the limits were not implemented, and there were debug options). Still, this limitation is annoying.

7 Likes

I’ve got some pretty wacky behaviour, far from the pixel perfect lighting mentioned. Is this intended behaviour?

9 Likes

I am having a major issue with SpotLights. If Shadows is disabled it works fine but if Shadows is enabled it wont project light at all if the angle is set between 15-124. If the angle is set above 124, the light projected is a box rotated 45 degrees from the part. If the angle is set under 15, it projects and odd light outline around a box. I created a picture of each of the scenarios. This seems to be related to the issue Terrodactyl is talking about.

17 Likes

Man… The Future is sure is bright!

231 Likes

Make the part invisible. Spotlights have issues inside opaque parts…

3 Likes

Looks like you’ve activated OLED mode.

3 Likes

i would say it’s feature rather than issue. we’ll check what we can do with this though

9 Likes

This is ridiculous. 60 studs is so small for a maximum range. The maximum really needs to increase, by a lot.

12 Likes

So far I’m loving the new lighting!
But there seems to be some issues with how it affects SurfaceGuis.
I saw another post that addresses how fog now affects SurfaceGuis, but I’m now noticing some issues with SurfaceGui colors specifically when they’re being illuminated by a light.

19 Likes

I believe he meant that it was showcased in the Avatar Evolution build and it may be implemented separately. Avatar Evolution seems like it will be rolled out in phases like FIB but there’s no way to really tell as of right now

6 Likes

This is going to make my Spider-Man game, literally 10 times more beautiful thank you for your updates on studio, you guys are literally awesome!’

21 Likes

This is AWESOME ! , Now , all that is left is better default textures and Roblox will look Amazing

Me right now :

15 Likes

I really hope this isn’t considered a feature, because a lot of my SpotLights are parented to parts that are a part of the detailing of the light, and I don’t want to have to make a separate invisible part for the actual SpotLight.

6 Likes

Lights shouldn’t have issues escaping parts that they are already inside. This is a regression

7 Likes

probably because it casts in all directions

5 Likes

Will they be supported later on?

6 Likes

The update makes cities look amazing at night!

77 Likes

Looks so good! Can’t wait to start using this!

7 Likes

Absolutely should be added. Just like lights have a .Shadows property, they should have a .Speculars property.

Did you make a feature request thread for us to support? Please link

25 Likes

Lighting is a great feature for cities.

4 Likes