Future Is Bright: Phase 3 - Studio Beta

Checked a GPU comparing website, probably not the most accurate but it shows your GPU is 280% faster than mine but I still get 60FPS

4 Likes

61 Likes

That’s interesting, what’s your GPU?

A friend of mine tested my game on his Iphone 11, easily achieved 60 FPS (couldn’t hit more since FPS limiter). He also tested it in a quad-core, 1.58 GHz CPU, and got ~10 FPS (I still need to add a settings menu to reduce graphics even more), but take into account I had that same CPU with integrated graphics and got 4 - 6 FPS in Vehicle Simulator, so I guess we’re doing good lol

On graphics at 1, my game easily gets 240 FPS (doesn’t seem to hit more, probably my GPU is limiting it or something)

Graphics on 10:

Graphics on 1:

But yeah, hopefully we can release this game soon. Anyway, back on topic:

I’ve noticed that FiB 3 significantly reduces framerate in my game. The framerate goes from 170 - 220 FPS to 70 - 110 FPS. I’m doubting if the graphical improvement is really worth it.

ShadowMap:

Future:

Maybe I’m doing something wrong, or not, but I get lower framerate. While it is true that the shadows are more realistic (I had to use fake shadows with decals since ShadowMap had some weird glitch), I’m just unsure if it’s worth it or not. My game is intended to have mobile support, but I’m guessing Future lighting disables if you’re on mobile devices. Still, unsure if I should enable it or not.

I think that the graphics aren’t better on Future; I think they’re just different (at least on my case). Different style, I’ve tried to make them have the same style but the lighting just looks weird.

39 Likes

I think its more interior based. The future is bright phase 2 did all the amazing lighting effects with the celestial bodies, now we get the amazing lighting from normal sources of light. :slight_smile:

a quadro M600M, not available on all comparing websites but I can send you some FPS data if you send me the game link, only shadowmap tho

2 Likes

I have one thing and one thing only to say… Beutiful

1 Like

You can say that again!
Before:

After:

Its as if a very popular sealant brand harnessed darkness! It even works underwater!

Cannot wait to see this implemented fully! Much thanks devteam!

18 Likes

go to “lightning” and change “Technology” to “Future”. make sure you max out your graphics to see the full effect

Screenshot_1149

2 Likes

Its Beutiful but its HEAVILY laggy… hopefully it will have more settings so it can be less laggy

9 Likes

RTX would actually be so cool in Roblox, even though I use a Ryzen 3 APU.

4 Likes

New style lighting sure looks nice in my old style game
https://gyazo.com/ad1dbf59170fbae8a6ecece167036d00
https://gyazo.com/0f1edf0b870098c0afc99d72e0c68f46

2 Likes

made a picture with my gordon freeman model
looks sick, great work devs

10 Likes

In Roblox Studio: / In Game:
Does anyone know what this can be? :thinking: was it really my mistake?

8 Likes

its not released into game yet its Beta version / mode

10 Likes

I really wanted to confirm this, thanks. I thought it was kind of weird and I was in doubt

2 Likes

Are you blocking the original light source with another transparent part in front of it? If so that might be your issue.

2 Likes

Use a FPS unlocker, it works great!

5 Likes

Really nice!

9 Likes

Great feature, but I have a problem with this. It seems it doesn’t work for me, when I set my lighting technology to future. Max graphic will also not work for me.

3 Likes

I can’t tell for sure but it looks like your using surface light there… which unfortunately does not yet work.

3 Likes