Game Archiving Release

Glad to see this as a new feature! It will really help with organization. Will this allow you to archive your games from the create section on the website, or from the actual game page? If not, will this be a feature that is being worked on or are there no plans to add it? Regardless, great update and I hope to see more updates like these in the future!

2 Likes

This is a great idea for people who donā€™t need for building, or they were inactive for building stuff.

1 Like

So, if iā€™m getting this right, the only thing this actually does is remove games from your personal view in studio & set them to private on the web? So the functionality is nearly the same as just setting your game private? I donā€™t see anything really beneficial to this. Unless Iā€™m missing something. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Yup that was already stated, a grace period would of course be needed. Iā€™d be happy with marking a file for deletion after being in archived for 3 months you could mark the file for deletion. After confirming it after a clear warning message it would be queued for deletion after 3 months. You then have a whole 6 months to save it that may seem excessive but Iā€™d be personally fine with that.

1 Like

This is awesome just for game organization! I have over 400 places created over 10 years on Roblox and only a few that are really of any interest or were used for anything more than testing something briefly. With this change Iā€™ll be able to clear out all of the clutter so that I can view only the projects which actually matter to me.

5 Likes

Fair enough, so it really is mainly just an organizational tool without any really public facing changes.

2 Likes

You are not alone, much needed update.

2 Likes

Yay! This is an amazinf feature. Now I dont have to scatter through to look for the game I want to update and edit in studio.

2 Likes

Finally I can trash my games from 2014 :cowboy_hat_face: thanks Roblox!

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

This is a great addition, personally probably wonā€™t use it as I donā€™t have a lot of placesIi donā€™t care about.

In ways it is probably good to make it easier to work with the cloud. But it would be really nice if we didnā€™t have to be always connected to internet, even to work on places you have saved on your computer, and only able to work on your previously saved places.

I find this super annoying at times, if my Internet is super slow for some reason. If you guys can do something for offline support that would be great.

1 Like

While archived games still apear with place names in ā€˜publish asā€™ screen, this is going to be updated too?

Iā€™ve been waiting for something like this for ages, now I can find the games Iā€™m actually working on much easier.

This is great! now I can hide over 100 abandoned places that I donā€™t use anymore.
with the only exception of empty games for nowā€¦

1 Like

Really like the direction of all these updates. This is a very useful tool for a more organized developer experience.

This really helps as many people have many games coming in between of their main games, Thank you for this urgently needed update!!

about time, lol

much needed feature

1 Like

Make or support a feature request. A poll like this in a thread like this means nothing and is not useful.

2 Likes

Good, now I wonā€™t have to look for my game in sea of random places when (if) I get motivation to further learn Roblox Lua

Finally! I can sort out my maps for my different games. Thanks for the update :slight_smile: