Game Quest Challenge 2021 - Rules & Guidelines

So we’re just modeling a weapon and that’s it?

Just looked at the submission website, and it says “Submit your weapon here”, so yeah, I think we’re only making a weapon, nothing else.

The weapon will obviously need animations, scripts, modelling, etc.
(it won’t just be a model). I assume it’d need to be functional, considering how they’re judging on Uniqueness, and creativity. The team of 3 is probably just leading up for the big main challenge

1 Like

to me that’s still a very bad way of executing the first three challenges. as a builder I cant do much at all.

Are we scripting and making the weapon functional too? Or just making the design & visuals for it? Im so confused.

2 Likes

I have no idea, this is super confusing… (I’m a programmer so if the goal is to model a weapon I can’t do anything)

2 Likes

Which is why you as a team, delegate tasks. A team works more efficiently and better than an individual. For you in particular, you stated that you were just a builder and couldn’t do much. You could assist in the creation of the weapon (it doesn’t just need to be a mesh), you can pitch ideas to your teammates, you can give feedback and opinions. And the others in your team would do the same for anything you contribute, programmer would script the weapon, builders would help make and design the weapon, animators would make animations, etc.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

But they never said anything about programming and animating it.

Well a weapon, isn’t very much a weapon if it doesn’t do anything

1 Like

@Moxyll Is it possible to have a better explanation of the first challenge? It doesnt make sense. Do we only make a weapon? (Which means builers, gfx and ui are useless) or is it a whole game?

3 Likes

Are we just making the weapon & coding it to be functional? or creating a little game to fit this narrative with the legendary weapon that defeats all evil…

3 Likes

Can someone show me what the themes are and where I can submit my game once it is done?

It’s a medieval theme.

You can submit it here: https://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/6256128/Game-Quest-Challenge-March-2021

Btw, not sure we’re supposed to make a game, from what I read, it looks like we’re only making a weapon, and that’s it (only the model of the weapon, nothing else).

Wrong. I am very certain they want us to make a game. They would want us to be able to use many different skills in the project. If it was about making a weapon they would only cover 3D modeling skills. Therefore it’s quite realistic that you have to make a game. But you are correct, the weapon is a big part of it. The game you make should be medieval-themed and should be about this legendary weapon that you need to create. So you are creating the weapon AND a game to somehow tell a story about it or something similar. That is where you need creativity. This seems the most likely considering you need three team members. They even said:

The story of this adventure is up to you, surprise us!

This means you need to produce some kind of adventure type of game about the weapon. Example a story on how things happen. I hope this helps explain several concerns. And for the filetype, I think you just need to zip a folder containing a Roblox file with your content. I don’t think the type matters as long as you get delivered what you want and that it is a Roblox file. The reason for that is that they have mentioned several file types. They mention RBXM and RBLX and RBLXM in the same form so it appears to me that it should basically be a Roblox file and then you are good to go.

The massive amount of confusion here is telling me that the instructions need clarifying. I’m pretty sure we’re just submitting a model. The game is for the main challenge, which doesn’t happen until 4/24.

4 Likes

Then why did they say “The story of this adventure is up to you, surprise us!”?

Pretty sure that’s just a throwaway line. They would have explained more about making a game if they wanted us to make a game.

As this is a mini-challenge, I believe we are making a functional weapon.

There are multiple challenges, all leading up to the final one. I’m not sure a team of 3 can make a function game so quickly.

well, so far my team has made our whole map so i think it’s quite possible

2 Likes