Game Update Notification Analytics

As others have mentioned, having a strict 7 day limit is a little rough. It would be nice if I updated the game on sunday at 6 that I could then update next week on sunday at 4

5 Likes

Great stuff!

1 Like

Thank you for this feature! :smiley:

2 Likes

Pretty cool feature to know what updates people love, and if you send your notifications too much within the one week or once a month :wink:

1 Like

Great update!

1 Like

This is a very helpful feature! It will help a lot with game notifications and keeping track of them

It would be nice to see how many people are currently following your game so that you can have a roundabout idea of how many people you can possibly reach. Also, desktop and mobile game update notifications would be amazing!

2 Likes

This is very helpful update, can’t wait to us it thanks for the announcement.

Is there any way to get the number of people following the game? I know we have favorites but if followers are not currently shown anywhere they should also be added to the Game Updates page.

2 Likes

Seems like a very useful feature! The 7 day limit is a bit much in my opinion. It defiantly would be abused without a limit. But I like Wsly’s idea on how to regulate it. I will defiantly be using it when I release my game. :grinning:

1 Like

Maybe something to see how many people are following your game would be nice, otherwise this is great, so now I know people are actually seeing my post.

1 Like

This is definitely a great step in the right direction! Are there any plans on incorporating A/B testing functionality to the update notifications as well? This would allow developers to gather more meaningful data in a quicker time - at the moment, it could take months (what with the 7 day cooldown) for developers to start to ascertain what does and does not work in regards to wording, frequency, and timing.

1 Like

I think it is great that you are implementing more statistics for developers, numbers are great. But do you want to know another thing that I think would be great? Illustrations, in this case for example graphs.

Example (Click here)

Graphs like this would enable you to see when your “game update” was most popular in a certain time period. Perhaps it could show statistics according to age as well? In that way developers could see if they need to reformulate their game updates to better fit the target audience (i.e. if the target audience is from the age of 6 to the age of 12, then you would want to simplify the message as much as possible for them to understand it).

1 Like

I agree with you graphs will be even better to see which update was the best indeed

This seems like a good step in the right direction for statistics, but like @Rawbyte suggested there should be more ways to view your statistics. Is there any chance we will be able to view the amount of people currently following the game (and a graph to display along with it)

Could we get analytics like this for sponsors/advertisements now? Specifically the play rate

2 Likes

This is great! Two big questions @Seranok:

First, will we see game update notifcations added as an option to mobile/desktop push notifications?

Second, being able to see the play rate was a crucial addition to update notifications. Will we ever have access to this stat for ads and sponsorships, rather than just the click-through rate?

Cheers

2 Likes

Many of you have brought up various feature requests:

• Seeing information about how many players are following your game
  • Receiving game updates as push notifications
  • Sending updates more frequently than once a week
  • Providing A/B testing functionality as part of sending game updates

We have no immediate plans to do any of these things but feel free to file a feature request to gather support for your idea.

We will fix this.

2 Likes

I think this is one of my first ideas to actually get implemented on the site. Thanks for listening, Roblox. We really needed this update!

1 Like