Gamepass ratings should be shown to players on purchase prompt

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard for our game’s great gamepasses to standout to players who do not check each individual gamepass on the website store page.

Roblox should supply gamepass ratings to players clicking the prompt purchase button, which could influence player choice, rewarding great gamepasses.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it could improve click through rates for players thinking about buying, and players actually buying gamepasses.

I do not have any data on if ratings influence purchasing decisions, but there has been many times where I’ve bought products that I didn’t absolutely need outside of Roblox because the rating was very good and it looked fun.

50 Likes

I believe this would be a beneficial feature to introduce and would allow for a lot broken or scam passes to be avoided if the player is unaware.

5 Likes

My concern is not many people bother going to the GamePass page and voting on it. More often than not - people only do this to dislike it when they’re mad… I’m not sure if this is the right solution to the problem.

3 Likes

If more people are going to a gamepass mad, than people who are going out of there way to upvote it, then it’s unfortunately not a good gamepass at the moment, and the developer would need to look into fixing it if they wanted better ratings for the future.

If we go take a look at many of the top games on Roblox, all of their gamepasses are pretty much super well rated. It’s because they got to the top by people liking their gamepasses, word of mouth spreads like wildfire, and it could spread even quicker with gamepass ratings being displayed to everyone prompting a purchase. This would assure a wave of quality to gamepasses never seen before.

5 Likes

Honestly, I don’t think this would work. :man_shrugging:

1. (as Fm_Trick stated) People only touch the ratings if they are angry about the product they purchased.
  2. (I have nothing to back this up) I have a feeling that more game-passes are purchased by in-game UIs rather than the ‘Store’ button; you can’t rate a game-pass from a UI.

If there was the option to rate a game-pass through UIs, it could go like this (my idea):

• 20 - 30 minutes after purchasing the game-pass through a UI, another UI will pop up asking the user to rate the game-pass. However, this can cause issues: what if the user leaves the server?
  • Users wouldn’t be able to rate the game-pass on purchase because they’ve never tried it, so the only way I can think of is the way above.

Ideally, game-passes only have about <10,000 ratings for games that have 2M+ (Jailbreak). Game-passes aren’t really looked at, and there are better ways to see how a game-pass functions (like searching up what does on YouTube).