Games and studio failing to load

Reproduction Steps
I am unsure how to repro this as I am personally not having this issue, however, others are getting these errors in studio and in game.

For reference, this is what the map looks when it’s actually loading (from when I load it in)

Note worthy things tried in an attempt to fix (all failed)

1. Reinstalling studio
  2. Turning PC on/off
  3. Disabling plugins
  4. Resetting router and modem
  5. Using a VPN
  6. Using a seperate PC (issue is occurring more multiple users anyway)

All these did not fix the issue. Happening for a few other users too. Been happening for just over 24 hours now

Expected Behavior
The game to open/studio to open without these errors

Actual Behavior
Getting tons of error messages, game assets unloadable

Workaround
So, apparently, work around atm is clearing the cache folder that was mentioned here Most assets fail to load - #71 by LordRugdumph and then using a VPN. Seems to be an issue regarding your location? Specific issue reported is happening to people in Florida, so if anyone is having issues, should maybe mention state as it might be specific Roblox servers having issues

Issue Area: Engine
Issue Type: Display
Impact: Very High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2022-03-26 00:03:00 (+08:00)actually loadi

26 Likes

I don’t seem to be receiving this error now, but if you (considering the others you are talking about) are still encountering it I’ve had this issue before and been able to resolve it. Have you checked your wireless card (considering you are using wifi and not a straight ethernet connection)? That seemed to be the issue for me, although I would occasionally have DNS errors when searching online too.

I would just try temporarily disabling the driver (so it doesn’t interfere) you use for your card and see if a different wireless card/usb works. If not it could be some service in the background. In that case you would have to go into safe mode and enable then disable every single one to find out which is a pain.

Nobody is using wifi, all straight ethernet

Seems to be the same error as the following ‘solved’ bug report: Most assets fail to load

Most likely this is related to this; Equipping tools results in flickers and may cause crashes

It also applies in meshes and some parts… such as unions

I’m still having this issue occur in studio and in-game. Most assets fail to load
Is almost identical to this issue but it’s occurring again after they said the issue was solved.

Have tried clearing the local AppData and Temp directories then reinstalling, but it just randomizes what assets load and don’t load. It’s only affected Meshes, Decals, Sounds & Animations.

MeshContentProvider failed to process https://assetdelivery.roblox.com/v1/asset?id=4884690018 because 'could not fetch'

I have also tried clearing the local appdata and temp directories. Still not working.

1 Like

FINALLY SOMEONE REPORTED THIS ISSUE

This is not based on the users’ internet, I tested both my home internet and my mobile hotspot (which is often times way better than my home internet), yet the same textures and meshes fail to load. I have also had a friend confirm this happening to them too.

What I experience in the studio:

I noticed that the main issue seems to be coming from the ContentProviders, thus leading me to believe this is on the server (Roblox’s) end.

The assets that are trying to load aren’t moderated or altered in any way, they are simply not being provided to the client properly.

2 Likes

I am having this same exact error. When loading into studio or player many of the assets don’t load but only for me. Clearing directories and uninstalling didn’t help even though multiple times in the past that has been the solution to bugs like this.

This is what it looks like in a game

This is the output when I enter Studio

3 Likes

Is it just me or is it getting worse!?

now even more stuff is failing to load!

If you compare this image to the previous screenshot I posted earlier in this thread, you’ll notice more textures are not loading and the player is now screwed up in a different way.

Just a little addition:

This is as of 15:13 CDT – Meaning they probably aren’t even picking up that something’s wrong.

3 Likes

It’s definitely getting worse, my avatar is completely invisible at this point

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m experiencing the same issue as you, I’ve cleared my directories mentioned in this link but it seems to still persist, unfortunately.

1 Like

It only started happening about a day ago and it’s on all of my devices so it’s definitely nothing to do with the devices themselves
I think Roblox must’ve changed something very recently which caused our networks to not be able to load assets properly

4 Likes

I have decided to take a look at the log files for Roblox (Normally found in C:/Users/[Windows User]/AppData/Local/Roblox/logs), and have noticed this:

2022-03-27T20:26:52.006Z,8.006483,069c,6 [FLog::Error] Asset (Image) “[The image asset link]” load failed in Workspace.Texture Kit.Texture Block.Texture.Texture: Failed to resolve texture format | 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 …

The above shows when an image (Decal, Texture) doesn’t load. (Message edited for forum to remove the actual asset link)

Below is when I press “Play” in Studio:

ContentProvider errors:

For meshes it just logs the same text seen in the output window on Studio.

Not sure how useful this detail would be but I have noted it.

I would like someone to get this issue solved ASAP as time is being potentially wasted here, thanks!

1 Like

This did not fix the issue

1 Like

Exactly, I have a project I want to start but I can’t because freakin every texture and mesh I need to use isn’t loading yet the staff and engineers seem completely unaware of this!

We need to be more vocal about this or something.

2 Likes

I am also having this issue-- I was having it while running Roblox under Grapejuice/WINE and running it under my Windows 10 VM with a GPU passthrough. I am also having issues with voice chat, Roblox is not detecting any microphone input.

1 Like

Any help @LordRugdumph or @pizza_shadows?

1 Like

Yeah servers are a bit weird right now