Games Needed for Egg Hunt 2020!

I mean since they said ‘‘Not much is expected on your end as a developer’’ i guess they want to give a chance out there to small devs with these underrated games… And that’s a very good reason to go with the games.

Now, i think the Developer Forum Community should be able to make egg designs (without having to submit a game.) if we have a hub world like 2019’s egg hunt, the eggs submitted without games should be used in the hub.

Also, i’m glad for ROBLOX listening to us and not letting the Egg Hunt and The Bloxys (According to Schedency) go away!

7 Likes

Thais amazing for all developers

3 Likes

Wowowow calm down with posting guys, this is the fastest reply ammount in this short ammount of time on the Dev Forum… I know you guys are excited!

8 Likes

I am super interested in getting one of my showcases involved in this event. Theme it towards Easter, implement a cool egg mission in the game and design a cool egg to fit the game showcase. Main question is would it be a good game to apply with?

• Yes, definitely
  • Quite possibly
  • Not at all

0 voters

4 Likes

One question, I am currently making a game but it won’t be playable til around mid March. Can I still apply?

5 Likes

You could apply, but it is mainly up to the discretion of the admins that review the game, I doubt if it won’t be completed by the deadline date then you may not be able to. I would advise that you do still apply, and potentially, cancel any little priorities your working on currently, and focus on the main functions on the game. As long as the game runs as intended, and it all looks as expected, you should be able to. But try to get this done by the deadline. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Are VR-only games allowed. I have a idea for one and this has now given me a lot of motivation to get it completed by the 20th, but I am worried that the player base for a VR-only game is too small for Roblox to add it to the Egg Hunt.

5 Likes

From previous experience I believe with something like this it would need to be available on all / most standard platforms. So I’m fairly certain a VR-only game wouldn’t work, imagine what happens when players intend on getting all of this years eggs and find out they need a VR-headset. Exciting to see VR games on roblox though, good luck with your project!

3 Likes

I don’t think that would be allowed because then the egg would be unobtainable by 99.99% of Roblox’s playerbase.

2 Likes

So, what if our game is not going to be released by january 20th but it will be out maybe a month or 2 before april?

3 Likes

This is something that interets me to an extent. We’re interested in applying, but our game in it’s current state (although popular) does not perform well on lower-end devices.

We’re working on a huge update to fix all the problems :tm: but don’t expect it to release until maybe Feburary.

My game is still in development and is not going to be done by the 20th but probably the end of February.

1 Like

Will there still be a main hub, like the 2019 egg hunt? Because although I don’t have a really developed game of my own, I’d still somehow like to contribute. Is there another way I can?

4 Likes

Small question. How would developers be able to reward those eggs to players?

4 Likes

I hope some day the event returns to an actual hunt on beautifully crafted immersive worlds. EBR and Fifteam defined what an egghunt could be, turned it into a piece of art, and brought a memorable experience to the platform; that just isn’t a feeling I’ve ever gotten from regular games on Roblox, save for a very few select titles.

I don’t have high hopes that this format will be able to surpass what they were able to bring to the table, but I’m happy the event is continuing nonetheless; part of me was afraid the reception last year would be used as reasoning to discontinue this tradition.

14 Likes

Are we allowed to resubmit applications for the same game?

My first application was just the first thought that came to mind, and it was super lame.

I’ve come up with a muchhhh better idea. It’ll take ridiculous amounts of work from me, but hey, I’m more than willing. I love a challenge!

Here’s my idea of how to have an egg challenge in Lua Learning:

I will write a 2D puzzle platformer, and the way you control your character is by programming your path and actions at the start of each level. It will be fun, entertaining, a little challenging, and teach a lot of programming fundamentals! Beating the game gives the egg!

Some of you may be familiar with the turtle from Python, that simple thing that you can give commands like move forward and turn. It would be rather similar to that, but with a larger range of commands, and inside a game.
Edit: It’s been brought to my attention that CodeMonkey is almost exactly what I’m describing, if you want to see what I’m going for here.

Your character will be a bunny, and an evil snake has stolen your eggs! (Snakes eat eggs) Each level has an egg as the end point, and you have to navigate your bunny to the egg to move on to the next level. After you beat all the levels, you obtain the Roblox event egg.

What do you guys think?

I’ll begin working on a proof-of-concept Saturday night. Before I get too excited, I need to make sure I can pull this off. I’m pretty confident that I can though!

22 Likes

I’m so eggcited to see the egg hunts continue! I think I’ll apply after polishing the UI of my game! I just hope that popularity isn’t a deciding factor. I heard it isn’t, and I’m hoping it’s true.

3 Likes

Can we apply twice? My devs came up with a newer, better idea than our original. We were wondering if there’s a way to switch?

2 Likes

This is a great chance for developers to get out there into the community! Good luck to all applying!

2 Likes

I love this idea - it provides an awesome way to get more people interested in programming without being too intense and the prize is a good incentive for people to try!

4 Likes