Games Needed for Egg Hunt 2020!

Good luck for all who apply for this!

2 Likes

This is Eggciting I’m definitely applying!

2 Likes

Good luck @wravager and everyone else who apply for this.

1 Like

Rather important question: is it required that you localize your game, or at least the parts pertaining to the event?

I assume that you’d want us to make sure the event is internationally available, but I see no mention of this.

3 Likes

Yes, I am am wondering if there is a theme to this year as well, I’m so excited that Egg Hunt is back for 2020.

4 Likes

This is some exciting, and rather unexpected, news, and I love it! I can’t wait to see what games are chosen. I kind of want to submit my own, but it’s just a short memorial and I don’t know if it’d be accepted or not.

1 Like

At least the tradition of an official yearly egg hunt isn’t gone.

I still like the old style of egg hunts better, where it was (usually) all done in one big game made specifically for the egg hunt.

4 Likes

I don’t think that’s a good idea, personally. The Egg Hunts have always revolved over quests that were capable of being done by everyone. Having a scripting one would make it difficult for people who didn’t know scripting, and overall against the entire idea of a hunt, it isn’t a GUI hunt. But hey, it probably isn’t a good idea to listen to me, since I just enjoy making constructive criticism. Good luck with your idea! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I would make it require no prior knowledge! The point is that they would learn throughout the game.

There’s a board game called RoboTurtles by Thinkfun that is pretty much this and it’s aimed at preschool children.

2 Likes

Do you have to use an existing game you have released, or can it be something made just for the egg hunt?

I wonder if Hosting the Live op event will help the chances of being able to partake in this Eggciting event!

Okay so heres a theory…So you know thoose leaks? The Ornate Eggcellent Crown and the Eggscalibur the Incredible.(So many puns) They might be the power-up iteams for this year like the 2017 rabbit ears, 2018 dragon backpack and the 2019 dragon wings. image image

22 Likes

Does it matter if my game is still under development but will be released before egg hunt? Can I still apply?

I applied regardless.

1 Like

I dont think it effects it? Still im not totally sure. It just needs to be well done. Like I said before.

2 Likes

Ahh, so there is an Egg Hunt 2020.:grinning:

2 Likes

Already exisiting games like 2019 and 2015.

3 Likes

This would likely be done through badges.

In that, when a user gets a badge- they are awarded with the egg. This was how it has worked previously (and how it worked even in official egg hunts)

4 Likes

Is there going to be an opportunity for a lobby (hub) team as well? Or has a team already been assembled by Roblox themselves?

Good luck to all those applying, it is a great opportunity to get your name out there!

I am glad ROBLOX is still hosting these events because it does, in my opinion help to instil some enthusiasm back into players that may have not been on the platform for a while. I personally know a couple of people like that.

Unfortunately I won’t apply because I am too busy, however I am looking forward to what you awesome people can pull off!

3 Likes

If there is a spot to create a lobby for the game, I am in a team that was going to make egg hunt 2020 ( not real version ) but now that it is actually happening, no need. I do have a good amount of high detailed maps, my boss @Techoye created them. We are highly interested in applying.

4 Likes