EDIT: Updated the model based on your feedback!
- Fixed a bug where the carpet sometimes does not fly
- Fixed a bug where walk sounds persist while flying
- Fixed a bug where camera shake doesn’t work if you equip while walking
- Cooldown UI
- Carpet welds to character’s root part instead using tool grip
- Context Action Service for sonic boom
left mouse or E to activate
(lighting bolt button on mobile)
This is complete remake of the original Rainbow Magic Carpet, featuring a new look, tweaked control scheme, and a dash mechanic.
This is just the beginning of a whole series, so let me know if there are any gears you want to see reimagined!
This should be compatible with all R6, R15, and Rthro avatars. However, Rthro scaling might make the legs clip through the carpet.
The carpet itself is just a beam with adornments attached as the tassels.
The beam’s curve size is modified using a sine wave, producing the wavy effect you see here:
Some of you might know that if you stand still using the original gear, you start to slowly drift downward. This is because the BodyPosition is constantly being set to your rootpart position, which is affected by gravity. Only changing the BodyPosition once easily fixes this behavior. Of course, if you still want this for the nostalgia, you can disable the bugfix in the Attributes
- Instead of having to click to enable flying, the remaster activates instantly upon equipping
- Clicking will trigger the dash mechanic, which temporarily increases the carpet’s speed
- Uses trails instead of parts for the rainbow effect
- Uses the new Attributes feature for quick modifications
- Camera shake just for fun