Generating an avatar dislocates the head

When generating an avatar from any plugin such as: Character Generator - Generate random characters and others. as well as the new function :CreateHumanoidModelFromUserId() such as this line:

game.Players:CreateHumanoidModelFromUserId(753337413).Parent = game.Workspace

causes the head to be dislocated and not placed on the neck in studio like this:

When you view it from the server/client-side from testing in studio as well on the roblox client, it looks normal. I’ve tried restarting studio but that doesn’t fix anything and this happens on plugins as well as code that is added to the workspace on studio. Because of this issue, I can’t copy and paste these accessories.

It happens sometimes, not all the time, though.

System: HP Windows 10
Roblox studio version: 0.459.2.415937 (64-bit)

Reproduction: Happens 50-70% of the time depending on which avatar you are loading.
Steps:

• Copy and paste this code into a script: game.Players:CreateHumanoidModelFromUserId(753337413).Parent = game.Workspace
  • Copy the generated avatar while in play mode and paste it into the workspace while in edit mode, not in play-mode.

Started happening 12/29/20 at 7:30ish EST

1 Like

Thanks for reporting! I’ve seen this before, sometime around April. It got fixed, but I’m seeing it happen again. It’s possible some flag was flipped.

2 Likes

I’ll try to see if I can repo this issue

4 Likes

I’ve heard from many that if I remove the accessories, it returns back to normal. Can’t prove it since I haven’t tested it yet.

I’ve tried reproing this in play mode and edit mode using Players:CreateHumanoidModelFromUserId() with the user id you gave and also one other user id, and I can’t see any problems. Do you have a user id which you know can currently repro this issue?

3 Likes

Happened to me before with 85687850.

1 Like

The ID I used was 753337413 , I wonder if the update on studio has fixed this, I wouldn’t know and won’t be able to do anything to check until the end of the week.

1 Like

Hi, I may have a solution to this issue, but since I don’t carry enough experience, I can’t guarantee what I’m gonna say is gonna work.

Perhaps we can try to rewrite or add a line of code that make’s sure that the anchor points and joint’s in the humanoid is in the correct place. Perhaps a repeat-until loop?

This problem is also bugging me and another dev friend (Javest07) and it’s quite a pain to place the head in the right place.