"Getting Over It" hammer physics in ROBLOX

Me and my friend are trying to make a “Getting Over It” game in Roblox.

We’ve made the character a cube and we are now trying to make the hammer work, but I have no idea on how I could script this

This is what we got for now:

If anyone could help us please?

1 Like

What is even wrong here?
No explanation, No Script, Nothing.

I guess this is the wrong topic…

1 Like

The thing here is I have to script the hammer physics and I have no idea how, and I’m asking for help.

What do you want to achieve with the hammer? Yo want to like throw it? If so you can use Raycasting.

1 Like

(Ummmm, hello?)

So the first thing im gonna say is, I just thinked you have 3D view at first but it’s 2.5D so it will be easy as getting square root of 256 (idk why I said that) first thing you might wanna do is define the mouse, as you defined the mouse, you are willing to get mouse’s X and Z and as you do it you have to rotate the Hammer for mouse’s X and Z (get Y as 0)

1 Like

Ok the first part of what you said makes no sense. 2.5D??

Do you know the game “Getting Over It” ? If yes then I want my hammer to behave like the hammer in there

I will try to do something like that right now, thank you!

You could probably use motor6d’s to make the hammer.

I looked at another post about this and the guy said that Motor6d’s didn’t work. It’s obvious that I have to set it using CFrame. But I can’t seem to figure it out.

Thing is, with CFrame you’d have to create your own physics? Since everything is anchored.

Don’t ask for entire scripts. This is a topic for #collaboration:recruitment and you should hire someone to do this. Asking for entire scripts is called spoon feeding and is against the rules.

Sorry, I misunderstood.

Isn’t there another game like getting over it already in roblox? (Bloxing Over It) You could figure out whoever made that and ask for their help… Otherwise I don’t know enough scripting to help you with this, and you have not shown what you have scripted already so people can see your code and know what you are missing. Show some code, maybe someone might be able to help you more. Good luck!

Possibly body positions to move the hammer? I’m not entirely sure if it would lift the player though.

I’m not asking for an entire script, I’m just asking if anyone knows how I could script this. Like, if anyone knows what CFrame properties I should use, or what CFrame formulas.

I’ll try to ask the developer of that game, maybe he’ll respond, but for now, this is my code:

(not the best but it kind of works)

local WALK_SPEED = 0
local JUMP_POWER = 0
local AUTO_ROTATE = false

local CUSTOM_CHARACTER = true
local CUSTOM_CAMERA = false

local player = game.Players.LocalPlayer
local char = player.Character or player.CharacterAdded:Wait()
local humanoid = char:FindFirstChild("Humanoid")

local mouse = player:GetMouse()

humanoid.WalkSpeed = WALK_SPEED
humanoid.JumpPower = JUMP_POWER
humanoid.AutoRotate = AUTO_ROTATE

local newPlr = workspace.Player

if CUSTOM_CHARACTER == true then

local leftArm = char:FindFirstChild("Left Arm")
local rightArm = char:FindFirstChild("Right Arm")
local leftLeg = char:FindFirstChild("Left Leg")
local rightLeg = char:FindFirstChild("Right Leg")
local Torso = char:FindFirstChild("Torso")
local Head = char:FindFirstChild("Head")

leftArm.Transparency = 1
rightArm.Transparency = 1
leftLeg.Transparency = 1
rightLeg.Transparency = 1
Torso.Transparency = 1
Head.Transparency = 1

local newPlrClone = newPlr:Clone()
newPlrClone.Parent = char

local newPart = Instance.new("Part", char)
newPart.Size = Vector3.new(1,1,1)
newPart.Anchored = true
newPart.CanCollide = true
newPart.BrickColor = BrickColor.new("Really red")
newPart.Transparency = 0.8

game:GetService("RunService").RenderStepped:Connect(function()

newPlrClone.Cube.CFrame = char:FindFirstChild("HumanoidRootPart").CFrame

newPart.CFrame = mouse.Hit

end)

--this is supposed to be the hammer physics code, i havent scripted anything here yet:
game:GetService("RunService").Stepped:Connect(function()

local mouseX = mouse.X

end)
end

if CUSTOM_CAMERA == true then

local newCam = workspace:FindFirstChild("CameraPart")

game:GetService("RunService").RenderStepped:Connect(function()

newCam.CFrame = CFrame.new(char:FindFirstChild("HumanoidRootPart").Position) * 
CFrame.new(0,7,-30)
	newCam.Orientation = Vector3.new(-15,180,0)

end)

end
1 Like

2.5D refers to having a 3D view and camera but movement on only two axes (usually and in this case the X and Y axes) games like Smash and Mortal Kombat are called 2.5D games

you 100% don’t want to use a humanoid character for this

This topic hasn’t received any activity in 14 days, it can be inferred that OP solved his problem. Don’t bump old threads please.

14 days isn’t that old my guy I just answered your question that was left unanswered, and
furthermore looking at the code OP posted he did not solve his problem