Group Gamepass Funds are Going to Random Roblox Account with Same ID as Group

Another person with the same bug: https://devforum.roblox.com/t/guys-i-need-help-fast-i-got-scammed/1189279?u=iamtryingtofindname

I would mark this as critical, this is really bad. Many devs are losing out on a lot of money.

5 Likes

Same thing is happening to me, made a new group recently as a studio to get funds in and I started questioning where they all are going.

Turns are Ventus234 has been getting all my robux :pensive:
https://www.roblox.com/users/10489402/profile

Can confirm. I pay my developer like this (because we are not so successful yet), and have lost over 1,000 robux from it. I do hope it gets fixed.

It’s already acknowledged by staff, scroll up! No need to add additional labeling/messaging.

Just wanted to add additional details and emphasize the importance of this getting fixed.

2 Likes

hey y’all - to give an update, we have found the root cause and are addressing the issue. we will keep posting to this thread with additional updates when available. thank you all for your patience.

19 Likes

We lost out on 42,000 robux from one of our gamepasses that misdirected funds.

The same problem happened to me,

My Group:

Alzen Studios - Roblox

The person that has same ID:

amimedicen - Roblox

I Hope You fix that too

Thanks!

1 Like

Does that mean I can enable sale for my gamepass again? I took it offsale so robux won’t be going to that alt anymore. Also will we be refunded the Robux we deserve??

1 Like

Oh, wow. That’s alot. Hopefully everybody gets refunded with what they have lost.

Does this happen to devproducts too? I bought a devproduct on a group game, I own the group by the way. I checked the pending funds later and there should have been 35, but there were none.

1 Like

Personally I think you should keep it off sale for now as thomas never said it was officially fixed at the moment only that they found the cause.

Yea I’m keeping it off-sale until it’s confirmed to be fixed, just wanted to ask if it is cause I’m losing on revenue the longer i put it off-sale

1 Like

hey folks - I followed up with the team and they’ve given me the following guidance:

• for NEW gamepasses: it is okay to create new gamepasses and put them on sale
  • for IMPACTED gamepasses: it is NOT okay to put these gamepasses on sale again. the team is in the process of auditing and fixing the issue

as for devproducts, I’m following up on this to see if it has had a similar issue.

17 Likes

Does roblox have any plans for backwards compatibility here?

Currently on our game Lifting Titans I know some game passes are effected, however have no clue how I am meant to tell which. Secondly, if we are not receiving funds from these transactions does roblox intend to compensate the hundreds of thousands of robux we have lost, and the millions of robux developers on the platform as a whole have lost?

3 Likes

this also happens to recommended clothing for like a month but i never bothered opening a bug report so just gonna use this thread, i assume they’re connected

1 Like

Hello,

Are we able to check if game passes are effected by simply buying them all? I’ve done this with our game passes and they all show as going to our group, but does this mean they are safe? Or does this error only happen occasionally?

Just confirming that we are handling this appropriately on our end. Thanks for your quick response + solid communication with developers on this issue

The person has owned shaggy for 4 years, so either they made their robux, bought it, or have been taking advantage of this for a while.

1 Like

same thing here :frowning:

image.png

User who bought
HACKERS_OPO

I already made a topic about this here