Group payout percentages per game

At the Bay Area Maker Faire, he went to everyone who was participating and wrote down what they said feature-wise.

2 Likes

This is a large problem that I am running into. Studio groups can’t function with the current implementation. It’s quite silly to make a new group for every game.

4 Likes

Groups are getting a “remake” in 2017 so lets hope they fix these issues!

inb4 everyone gets removed from every group

1 Like

Pray that they add this

I greatly support this. I was just about to make a very extensive post about this.

1 Like

This is still a much needed feature.

As this thread already exists, I’ve decided to bump it rather than create a new one.

It’s a major pain to tally up and split profits between developers in larger groups with several different games manually.

7 Likes

I’m really hoping this is coming in the group update we’ve been hearing about.

While I wait, my group has a bot which tracks all weekly profits from our games and automatically pays out the teams for said games.

Though I’d really like to not use this method as its super risky, should the bot fail, or some roblox API gets changed all the sudden, those all are risks we are taking using said bot :stuck_out_tongue:

If possible could we get a statement from a staff member who either is in charge of updating the groups or has an idea of what we can hope for with the future of groups!

1 Like

It’s been 3 years and this still needs to happen.

I need this for a group that has small subsets of developers working on certain projects. As group payouts currently stand, I can’t pay them fairly based on their contributions to each individual project.

I’m hoping this is coming at some point, as I’d rather not resort to methods like Dev0mar’s.

3 Likes

Hopefully its coming sooner than later… Not sure if it’d be apart of this planned update but lets hope?

https://developer.roblox.com/en-us/resources/Roblox-Platform-Roadmap

1 Like

As a Roblox developer, it’s impossible to split the revenue through percentage cut group payouts through multiple individual games. It would be nice to have each group game inside one group to have they’re own separate group payouts.

This would be good for a group with a studio name that wants to keep the studio name while having multiple games with different developers working on different games.

Like if a team of 3 developers are working on one game while another totally different team of developers are working on a separate game, but it’s still in the same group to keep and retain the same group studio name.

15 Likes

Having funds sorted by game would solve so many problems. It’s currently so hard to do percentages if you have multiple games.

If roblox wants users to start building brands, and making multiple games on the site, this would aid so much in that process.

6 Likes

this would be easier

because I have multiple games on my group with multiple developers involved + we occasionally have income from group store etc

using percentage of total group income is not practical anymore, so it’s set to 100% to go to group funds where I then check developer stats of each game. this results in myself using extra time to pay everyone + people’s pay getting delayed because it’s not ideal to do payouts everyday etc

Roblox wants us to build brands on the website but they simply do not give us the tools we require.

2 Likes

Recently, I’ve hit a small fork in the road. I have multiple developers working for me, 1 is coding one game , the other is coding another game. Right now, the feature in group payouts makes it so you can set a recurring payout to a developer for ALL income towards the group.

This bothers me, since if my second developer decides to help me make the second game, that means the first developer receives funds from that game, and if I decide to just create another group, then I lose all the current players in the previous group.

So here is what I propose:
In the revenue>Payouts tab, have a drop down menu of all the group games currently public in the group. When a game is selected, have it show the revenue being distributed from that set game like the following:

This way, amounts can be distributed to the proper developers instead of being absorbed to all one spot.

This is just a suggestion, but It would help many developers immensely!

15 Likes

I’ve requested this to engineers while I was an accelerator at HQ, it is a very needed feature and I don’t want to use multiple groups for different games for payouts/teams.

3 Likes

That’s exactly it!

it’s very unnecessary to make multiple groups JUST to start a new project with a new developer. Its very inefficient, and each time a new group is created, support from the previous group will begin to dwindle.

it would be a very beneficial edition to the group funds page, especially for users that don’t actually possess large amounts of robux to actually make a new group!

9 Likes

We still very much need this feature to be added. I would like to keep my group games in a single group. One of my games is a solo project and the other one I am collaborating on, however if it’s not possible to split the revenue per-game. Currently, I will be forced to move the newest game to another group. This will further alienate the community within my group from new games that I work on.

4 Likes

Any updates on this? This is a HUGE feature that will heavily expand independent Roblox Studios so they can hire more programmers and game Devs on % which means they don’t need to make an entire new group & change their Studio name, killing the original community instead of keeping all the games in the same group.

2 Likes

It’s not a permanent fix, but I made a tutorial post on how you can now achieve manual payouts to individual developers of your group:

This is a temporary solution until the feature is added

1 Like

Over 7 years later and still no update about this essential feature. If Roblox truly wishes larger studios are on the platform, they need to at least implement simple and necessary payment features such as this.

1 Like