Group payout percentages per game

Having funds sorted by game would solve so many problems. It’s currently so hard to do percentages if you have multiple games.

If roblox wants users to start building brands, and making multiple games on the site, this would aid so much in that process.

6 Likes

this would be easier

because I have multiple games on my group with multiple developers involved + we occasionally have income from group store etc

using percentage of total group income is not practical anymore, so it’s set to 100% to go to group funds where I then check developer stats of each game. this results in myself using extra time to pay everyone + people’s pay getting delayed because it’s not ideal to do payouts everyday etc

Roblox wants us to build brands on the website but they simply do not give us the tools we require.

2 Likes

Recently, I’ve hit a small fork in the road. I have multiple developers working for me, 1 is coding one game , the other is coding another game. Right now, the feature in group payouts makes it so you can set a recurring payout to a developer for ALL income towards the group.

This bothers me, since if my second developer decides to help me make the second game, that means the first developer receives funds from that game, and if I decide to just create another group, then I lose all the current players in the previous group.

So here is what I propose:
In the revenue>Payouts tab, have a drop down menu of all the group games currently public in the group. When a game is selected, have it show the revenue being distributed from that set game like the following:

This way, amounts can be distributed to the proper developers instead of being absorbed to all one spot.

This is just a suggestion, but It would help many developers immensely!

15 Likes

I’ve requested this to engineers while I was an accelerator at HQ, it is a very needed feature and I don’t want to use multiple groups for different games for payouts/teams.

3 Likes

That’s exactly it!

it’s very unnecessary to make multiple groups JUST to start a new project with a new developer. Its very inefficient, and each time a new group is created, support from the previous group will begin to dwindle.

it would be a very beneficial edition to the group funds page, especially for users that don’t actually possess large amounts of robux to actually make a new group!

9 Likes

We still very much need this feature to be added. I would like to keep my group games in a single group. One of my games is a solo project and the other one I am collaborating on, however if it’s not possible to split the revenue per-game. Currently, I will be forced to move the newest game to another group. This will further alienate the community within my group from new games that I work on.

4 Likes

Any updates on this? This is a HUGE feature that will heavily expand independent Roblox Studios so they can hire more programmers and game Devs on % which means they don’t need to make an entire new group & change their Studio name, killing the original community instead of keeping all the games in the same group.

2 Likes

It’s not a permanent fix, but I made a tutorial post on how you can now achieve manual payouts to individual developers of your group:

This is a temporary solution until the feature is added

1 Like

Over 7 years later and still no update about this essential feature. If Roblox truly wishes larger studios are on the platform, they need to at least implement simple and necessary payment features such as this.

1 Like