Groups Now in Creator Hub, With New Roles and More! [Beta]

Not bad at all, ROBLOX. Listening to the community is not your strong suit, keep it up!

8 Likes

When Open Cloud for groups, rlly need this for ally thing and Rank Changer :wink:

7 Likes

So, just to clarify for the sake of understanding, you’re moving group configuration to the Creator Hub and will eventually be removing the current layout shown below in the future?

10 Likes

Will animations load properly in playtest for users that have edit perms to a specific place but not full access (edit perms to every experience in the group)?

9 Likes

Still no account-to-group transferring? Damn.

7 Likes

I have 2 questions:

Will the role remain when you rejoin the group?

Will you be able to ban people from the group in the distant future?

7 Likes

Such a great update!
Most important for me is this part :

a user can now be assigned multiple roles

Thanks for the great work!

7 Likes

Awesome. Definitely needed for different teams working under the same group.

7 Likes

Ehm why I don’t see the new roles in the role menu and what about the legacy roles they use a rank system from 1-245 to rank it what about the new roles why we don’t see the new roles in the group but also I will use now I can everyone give a skill role if it nee role system get API to use I can implement the different groups idea I has into our current group and give people a clan within the group but maybe another group still to use the enemy system but btw but you need to search users instead of selecting as before

Can you in the future see this new roles in the group is it only for Dev permission things or can you use it for users too and give them permission to things in game

Also it’s now a lot beter i can now order who needs to get raveneu from a game

4 Likes

Whilst I appreciate that groups are finally receiving some updates, this feels like pointless fragmentation of another feature across two different websites, for very little reason.

I don’t believe it is healthy nor feasible in the long-term for Roblox to maintain two different websites for different features, nor do I understand why they aren’t able to keep everything under one. It creates inconsistency and feels janky and disjointed.

7 Likes

SOO COOL! I was going to spend 150Robux on name + roles today, and now it’s free! THANK YOU! [Thank goodness I didn’t want to do this yesterday]. Group names are free to change :-).Super update!!! [Hopefully the GroupService will be extended soon]. And you can now change the owner.

4 Likes

I can’t edit permissions in unviere from what I’m not group owner but I have the owner rank so I can edit but if I save permissions it reset the permissions and why it moderates Unviere

3 Likes

Not true you think but if you change it without any warning or permissions it goes of your balance for group name only roles are free

3 Likes

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH, thanks for the tip! That’s a disgusting set of tricks, and the fact that hardly anything works, my roles are not displayed in roblox, two groups are displayed for one, etc… I’ve never seen such an unfinished, pieced-together, buggy update!

4 Likes

Also I would almost change my group name but I was scared to click save I has almost spent my Robux I will change it if I make Raveneu

3 Likes

The problem is that the new roles are not even displayed in studio and in Roblox. Everything about this update, even the screen in the creator menu is/looks unfinished, and the resst actually works or bugs almost everywhere.

4 Likes

Will the new roles system still require the 25R$ payment per role?

4 Likes

To be fair, it may look like all that has come with this update has been altering/changing an already working group management UI, for the one that will be used in the Creator Hub. The announcement for the changes made, are most likely aimed at allowing for further optimizations in the future, rather than keeping the old one which might be more recognisable and intuitive to use and learn for others who want to continue to use a perfectly working old group UI in the future.

I believe this update is good, as long as you get the opportunity to navigate between the old and new UIs. People shouldn’t be forced to use the new Creator Hub UI for managing groups if they don’t want to. Personally, if I wanted to edit or change a group I would go straight to the group that I wanted to edit, rather than having to look through the Creator Hub, which can be a pain if they add too many features and functionalities, that you would have to constantly navigate through.

5 Likes

yes but, it only took them 12 years to do this after community asked for it.

3 Likes

It’s awesome to see the groups getting an overhaul and I’m excited to experiment with it myself! I do have a question though: Will we be able to set individual member permissions for editing, uploading, and playing? While it’s great to have these roles and assign them to individual experiences, sometimes it’s not specific enough unless these permissions happen to be completely separate from the other roles?

3 Likes