Groups Now in Creator Hub, With New Roles and More! [Beta]

Will there be a way to change the Rank order within these new roles? I own a game that is heavily group-based, and we currently operate permissions through the Rank order, as it’s hassle-free.
From what I could tell, there’s currently no way to add this Rank order from the new panel.

Other than that, very cool update!

5 Likes

This is an awesome update! Thank you, Roblox team.

I have a minor feature request. I would like to add memos for users because sometimes I forget why I assigned a particular rank or role to them. Currently, I manage this information on a Google spreadsheet, but it easily becomes outdated. It would be much easier to manage if I could find user memos directly on the Roblox group page.

Thank you for considering my suggestion!

5 Likes

:heart: Loving the new redesign, can’t wait to see the future of improvement for groups.

2 Likes

I’d also like to know if banning is going to be added to the groups or are we supposed to close the comments and migrate to Guilded if we want some kind of manageable community.

Would be extremely useful if upcoming player ban API would have an option to also kick/ban player from game group and maybe even Guilded server.

4 Likes

This should be an option, and I’m quite surprised it hasn’t been added yet after many people have requested it.

4 Likes

when will we be able to set rank levels for group roles, like how in legacy roles you can set it from 1 - 255? this would be great for detecting what role in a specific group a person is in a game.

2 Likes

Too bad that isn’t out yet, as that’s kind of the whole point of having multiple roles. I hope we don’t need to wait too long, as it would enable better management.

I also hope that adding users to a group experience will allow us to give them edit abilities, not just play access. This way, we wouldn’t need to create a role for every single developer, especially for workspaces or short-term hires working on different projects.

6 Likes

THANK YOU. We, developers, have been asking for a group revamp for ages. Especially the revenue access permission that’s coming in the future- needed that for a while as I manage our studio’s developers but am not the registered group owner.

I’m extremely excited to see where this goes. THank yoU.

2 Likes

Will there be a feature to prevent bots from inviting everyone to random groups, like they can do with the Translator feature?

4 Likes

That’s nice but you still can’t ban people from groups or deposit money to group funds. Also the members tab is pretty barebones, you should be able to search for a username and use filters like “date joined” for example.

4 Likes

Wich feature you mean this one

6 Likes

Thank you for your valuable input.
First time I hear of Roles, and have read posts for last 2 years.
I will indeed have to dig some - Thanks.

I thought it could have been easier with Badges.
If you posses the USA Badge - that is your Country - etc.
However, there should be an option should you want to change.

The Ally part is something I didn’t think of - but would be nice for friends in different countries. Thanks again.

3 Likes

This is both a blessing and a heartbreak. Just a few days ago, I spent 700 robux completely overhauling my group’s roles. Will I ever be able to request a refund on these legacy roles?

Additionally, are we eventually going to be able to convert our legacy roles into modern roles?

3 Likes

I am hoping that users that can “Spend group funds” are actually able to spend the funds as the permission says. If not, just remove the ability all together from the role because it doesn’t do what it says.

3 Likes

Will overhauled revenue management be able to split funds based on what experiences they come from? I think it’d be very useful to determine how much money X experience has made over time - also useful for paying a group of people a percentage of a game’s earnings that they worked on compared to a different game.

2 Likes

Quick question
Why are you calling these legacy when they are the group homepage
How else would you find their games

• Is Rhod crazy
  • Agreed

0 voters

2 Likes

What else… Role icons!? Roblox groups really becoming like discord now :sob:

Role icons might be a thing soon to replace that default icon I bet lol.

2 Likes

yup, There’s a Light Version of each Colour Light{Colour}

1 Like

Interesting, glad to see some integration of groups on the creator hub.

1 Like

Does that mean I just wasted 25 robux :skull:

2 Likes