Groups Now in Creator Hub, With New Roles and More! [Beta]

To access groups in Creator Hub, head over to Dashboard , choose a group that you own, and the Collaboration section will appear in the left-hand navigation. If you do not have a group yet, you can create a new one directly within Dashboard.

Here, you can configure group membership and roles, along with the group’s profile page.

Try this?

1 Like

I just wasted a whopping 700 a few days ago…

1 Like

I actually wouldn’t mind that. Being able to have insignias for each rank/position in my group would be really cool.

2 Likes

I love to see groups are getting more love. I do have some asks for group related features though.

1. Separate view analytics permission into view experience analytics and view revenue analytics.
  2. In-game group join prompt (we can already do this with just about everything else except groups).
  3. Ability to ban players from groups.
  4. Improved audit log (better search ability, searching a username brings up any action whatsoever related to that user as currently it only returns the logs where that user did something and not the logs where something was done to that user, ability to filter search by the time/date, ability to go back to a specific page number rather than having to click through page by page)
  5. Some improvements to the group wall like being able to opt in to receive notifications when a post is made for moderators, being able to tag another user in a group wall post using their @ as a way to notify them that somebody responded, a word/phrase blacklist for the group wall which groups can use to help self moderate their space in the way that they wish to.
2 Likes

where was the part where you answered my question

1 Like

you need to be more clear on what your question is asking. it’s open ended and doesn’t use terminology related to the post.

2 Likes

you do know what a rank is, no?
my question was
“wheres the ranks in this? im confused of what is really coming from this”

and if you can see here, there are none!

1 Like

I don’t think the role system will use ranks since users can have multiple roles at once, nullifying the purpose of a rank

2 Likes

Can you add the ability to give a role free access to paid experiences?

3 Likes

This new roles doesn’t work I merged the partner and Dev partner rank into one and give Dev partner a sub role but they don’t have edit acces trough I enabled for that sub role @peraldon

1 Like

This part…

Hhhgghnnn.

1 Like

so where did you mention the rank? no where, because its NOT a feature yet. thats why i ASKED.

1 Like

We’ve been discussing direct deposit for a while now. It’s something I’d like to unlock, but also something we will have to make sure is done in a safe way - for individual creators as well as the overall platform. If we can find a way to navigate that (no promises), we will look at direct deposit (promises).

5 Likes

Whilst we have no plans to enable multiple owners for a Group today (we feel this could get too messy), we are on an expedition to have a permission node for basically everything. This would include Group Payouts, for example.

With enough permissions being granted, we believe you won’t need multiple owners, because your unofficial ‘co-owner’ can just be granted access to everything.

‘Edit and create assets’ permission is also already on our todo list!

8 Likes

Makes sense! Absolutely agreed, if we can just give every role to co-owners then there’s no need for multiple owners on the same group. Happy to hear you guys have the new assets permission on the list as well as well, that’ll be very useful.

1 Like

What safety issues do you foresee? My account owns the group, I can already make a mega gamepass and “deposit” any amount of robux into the group if I want, and I have full access to the funds as it is. I’m not personally seeing the issues, at least with my use case.

On the other hand, I believe I get less sales because of these gamepass being hidden as opposed to on the game’s store page(I get many sales from Website), and I believe it impacts my monetization analytics negatively(slightly)

3 Likes

Pretty good updates ngl, keep up the work, thank you roblox devs for making this possible :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! We’re working on more specific permissions, including everything you mentioned, over the coming months. Keep an eye out!

3 Likes

We will eventually be bringing these into APIs (Lua as well as Open Cloud), so that they’re more extensible, yes.

4 Likes

Thanks for the bug report - we will add a proper confirmation soon, but in the meantime added a message below the field.

3 Likes