Harsh Lighting in-game compared to Studio

Very rarely when playing my game, after joining, the lighting in the game is more harsh compared to what it should look like. Red-ish tint and different shadows it seems. This issue might be connected to this bug report. If it is, the solution does not seem to be working for me.

Screenshot of in-game:

Screenshot of (me playing the game) in studio:

Link to my game: https://www.roblox.com/games/6966396688/PB-Jay

System Information:

• GPU: AMD Radeon™ Graphics
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 4700U with Radeon Graphics
  • Memory: 8GB
3 Likes

Does setting the Lighting.EnvironmentDiffuseScale property to 0 give you the same effect in Studio?

1 Like

Thanks for the report! We’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

Yes actually, it does seem that way. Nowhere in my code do I change EnvironmentDiffuseScale, so I find that odd. (I do change other properties however.)

Video of me changing the EnvironmentDiffuseScale:

Image of lighting settings I change in code:

2 Likes

All it does is increase the Ambient property based on the skybox. What seems to be happening is that it’s not calculating the skybox contribution. There’s not much you can do to work around it until this bug is fixed, but you could set EnvironmentDiffuseScale to 0 and tweak OutdoorAmbient to get the same blu-ish tint.

1 Like

Hey @Reditect, I think it may be possible that you have a different graphic settings in Studio? To confirm this, can you please follow this sequence?:

1. Go to Studio
  2. Click the button named “FILE” at the top left
  3. Click “Studio Settings”
  4. Go to “Rendering”
  5. You will see “Editor Quality Level”.

What is E.Q.L set to?

Level 21.

“different” compared to what? I am confused.

Edit:

I assume there is a difference in this graphical quality setting and this graphical quality setting. Maybe in Roblox’s core scripts it changes the 0-10 values into 0-21. Or, maybe that has nothing to do with this at all.

1 Like

I see. the graphics definitely dont look like level 21 in the picture though (the studio one)

Roblox Studio and Roblox Player have different graphic number limits - Studio allows setting between 0-21, while Player has only 0-10.

Whatk’s your Graphics Mode (Studio Settings > Graphics Mode)?

Automatic