High ping across all Roblox Experiences

I’m almost too old to be able to feel the difference, but this game is a great example of what I’m talking about - Hellreaver Arena [1.4] - Roblox.

Get a 20-something to play this and Doom deathmatch side-by-side. The extra 80ms is going to make the former feel mushy.

1 Like

bump, it still an issue,

i played [EXPERIMENTAL 6] Master’s Difficulty Chart Obby in a fast network and in got 18000+ ping, when i died it took 10 minutes to revive… then it went to a normal 100 ping amount,

im starting to feel a pattern here… every 15 - 20 minutes the ping shoots up to 1000+ ping and sometimes in the ten-thousands to

From my experience, it might have to do with wifi because the times my ping was high in a roblox game was when my internet was weak. So your internet might be the case or it could also be the server. Server related issues very rarely occurs for me.

+1 On this, got > 1000ms, location is in SEA and it seems like the issue is located within that zone perhaps?
EDIT: redacting this as it might be an isp issue in the long run.

2 Likes

i also have the same issue, my location is SEA.

2 Likes

Recently started happening to me. Ping averaging 500-1000+. I also tested my wifi and it seems fine.

5 Likes

This happened to me as well one night, problem seemed to subside the next morning though.

Very odd.

3 Likes

This is also happening to me as well 3 days ago, but only on one of my accounts. On my main account I started to average 200 - 300ms. Even on a blank baseplate my ping is at an abnormal 200-300 in my home servers. In studio I used to average around 5-20ms, but now i average 50 - 80ms. Even on a different device, the results are still the same. However, on my other accounts, I get 60ms ping on average.

unknown (2)
unknown (3)
unknown (1)

13 Likes

This exact issue is happening to me as well, on of my accounts I am averaging 200-240 ping, and on another (same device), I am getting 50-60. I have tested this on two devices and the results are the same

10 Likes

Yes! I had the same issue, however today I noticed my issue was spontaneously resolved for me and my peers who also experienced this issue, has your issue been resolved by any chance?

3 Likes

I had the same issue a few hours ago, when i was playing a train game my ms jumped to 1000 ms (even tho my internet connection is fine)

also a few months ago when i joined a game, my average ping was 300-500 ms for some reason. it got so bad that i had to use a VPN. but after a few weeks it resolved.

1 Like

My issue was resolved yesterday as well yea. No idea how it got fixed though.

1 Like

I know several people who have had this issue persisting for the last 2 days across all games.

However I’ve heard that they tried playing on a different account + it worked perfectly. Very strange issue.

6 Likes

I have just started to get this issue as of 2 days ago, whereby I cannot get anything lower than 140ms. I tried on multiple games on this account and then tried on another account to which it has no issues. So, it seems to be an issue with specific accounts.

8 Likes

I can also confirm it, getting RakNet pings of ~300ms regardless of region (pinging the server directly gives ~50ms). There is a thread (from 9 days ago) on r/RobloxHelp (which I am not sure if I am allowed to link to) with about 30 users complaining about high pings, something might be wrong on Roblox’s end.

EDIT: It seems to be account-specific, my alternative account is getting pings of ~100ms on the same computer and network.

5 Likes

I got this issue while I was playing bedwars, I got 2347 ping.

1 Like

im having this same exact problem, I’ve been emailing roblox for DAYS and they haven’t helped one bit. It’s an account-specific sort of issue. Does anybody have any fixes? Or does roblox have to fix this themselves.

6 Likes

Same problem here, I have high ping everywhere even tho my internet connection is fine. The only thing that lags are roblox experiences, anything other I use is perfectly fine.

4 Likes

UPDATE: I now have this issue too. Gone from 15-30ms in my own host to 150-165ms in a single player server on my game.

Very aggravating issue that just seems to be spreading and getting worse.

3 Likes

Where are you located, There is currently no servers in Latin America, Africa, Oceania and middle east.

Check the detailed forum post here:

4 regions/continents does not have servers, if you are in one of listed above, your ping will be higher

1 Like