High ping across all Roblox Experiences

Not the cause of it, I am not in any of the listed regions.

1 Like

I’m located in the UK. My ping was never higher before - it’s only today it’s started. But it’s fine if I use another account.

Then it’s something else, either due to issue with your computer, wifi or ISP/Censorship

1 Like

Try signing out all other sessions and your own, and log back in

I don’t think it’s my computer or internet, this issue started with roblox and roblox only, anything other works completely fine.

Only roblox experiences have this issue, my ping can spike towards 10k even tho this was not issue few days back.

I also tried everything possible found online to solve this.

2 Likes

It’s not his computer, or even wifi. It’s happening to a lot of people. It’s a problem on roblox’s end.

the average ping in my experiences are also averaging around 450 to 900ms out of nowhere…
image This was never the case (it used to be around 150ms)

1 Like

I’ve gotten this issue approx. two or three roblox game updates ago. I normally average around 20-30 ms in most games, now I average 200-300, but the server response time is still as if it was 20 to 30, however this causes issues for my playing experience as well as development. Any fixes?

1 Like

Also happening on my account. It’s been occurring for about one-two weeks. Would love to get an update if anyone has found a solution.

2 Likes

There is no solution that we can do at the moment. I emailed roblox for about a week and we came up with no fix. It’s a problem thats affecting a lot of people right now, they did inform me that they would try and find a fix for it. But they never told me a timeframe. We just have to wait for now.

1 Like

UPDATE: Issue was resolved, my ping is now stable. I have no idea what caused this issue and it apparently resolved by itself.

1 Like

I emailed Roblox and after a few long days of back and forths, they emailed me saying that the team is “aware of this issue” (which is probably a dismissal). Ping is still high on my end and apparently it’s not just me.

Can we please get a response from someone at Roblox?

3 Likes

This is also happening at my location. Seems to have no solution than Roblox resolving or rolling back previous server changes as Before I had ~50ms recent updates added a 200ms to it. I’ve been able to replicate this from my Desktop PC to Laptop and Phone on Data and Wi-fi. All have the same high ping indicating it is not my hardware/router.

My ping is also fine in every other game CS:GO/Minecraft/Battlefield. Definitely Roblox’s problem.

1 Like

I’m not sure if it is related in any way, but in my case servers started completely crashing over time after around 20th of june. It seems like it might be caused by some memory leak which is not caused by me (i was not changing/updating anything at the time when this issue started happening)

I’ve come to figure out my account was the issue.
Switching accounts resolved the issue however going back to my primary account the ping is bad.
Might be something with Roblox looking at your account for your location, Which might be incorrect. And cannot be set by the user. unless a chrome extension like BTRoblox edits a players location.

Still this is very confusing for the people with this problem.

Edit, Or it might be a changed username (not nickname) that caused this issue to happen.
Changing location was a Roblox feature. I cannot seem to find the option to change location anymore it only shows language.

The bug is definitely account-based. But, it does appear as if Roblox already automatically selects the best server for you, its just that something their server software is getting messed up with certain accounts.

1 Like

It really behaves like a shadowban. Even though I believe it is not. My main account is “cursed” with high ping. It has been happening for over 2 weeks and I hope Roblox is aware of this issue and have it fixed ASAP.

11 Likes

Resolved, I did email roblox, but I am unsure if that was the reason the issue is resolved.

2 Likes

Also resolved by mailing Roblox. No clarification of what caused it.

1 Like

Also resolved. Probably Roblox patching it without informing.