The Electric State: Pacifica - Seeking a Lead Scripter
To any professional scripters, please consider helping us make this ambitious game a success.
The Electric State: Pacifica team is looking for an additional talented scripter to help us take our much-anticipated survival game to the next level. This position is being remotely offered to applicants ages 16 and older.
There’s our 16k by 16k stud map by the way, many details are obscured due to the distance picture was taken at, please inquire for more.
We are an extremely driven and professional development team that has put months of work and dedication into completing our project, which is expected to release in late December. We have an incredible amount of progress on the game’s development. Our games release is being eagerly awaited by a community of supporters from other Electric State genre games, with a discord server of over 2,000 members and a roblox group of roughly 1,000 supporters. The game is based on a book written by Swedish author and artist Simon Stålenhag, a dystopian society taking place in 90s California. We hope to find talented and professional candidates who are motivated to expedite the scripting process, bring new ideas to the table and are invested in making the game better overall.
@p_yth - Team Lead
@DreadNautical Development Manager
@qweekertom - Programmer
Vacant - Additional Programmer
@DreadNautical Map Designer and Builderr
@Heatian123 Prop Maker
@TheBloxxyHunter - Additional Prop Maker
@Sensei_Developer - UI Desginer
@dozino - Trailer and video Artist
The game features a complete, massive, and detailed map based off of Simon Stålenhag’s artwork and story designed and built by me (DreadNautical):
The game also has some various scripting assets already made, many unique props, tools and weapons created by various contributors:
And much more, if we included every picture the post would be too long.
We’re looking for a programmer to join our team and essentially complete the core scripting regarding game mechanics. This job is fully remote and you are able to work from anywhere. Preferably we are seeking those with professional experience as a ROBLOX developer. It is preferable that you can work anywhere from 10 hours a week or more.
Pay: $1,000 USD (or robux equivalent), as well as a to be determined percentage of total game revenue based on your contributions to the team during development and after release
- Create and implement gameplay code in aspects of a survival game such as inventory systems, territory systems, weapons, data stores, etc based off of the plan we’ve layed out.
- Fix bugs and make improvements to existing code as necessary
- Communicate with other programmers and developers on the team
- Highly experienced with LUA, Roblox Studio, and Roblox API
- Familiar with Object-Oriented Programming
- Great communication and teamwork skills
We’re looking for someone who is…
- Accountable, responsible, and trustworthy
- Passionate about game development
- Willing to share their own creative ideas
- Able to learn and adjust to new workflows and methods
- Able to laugh, have fun, and enjoy the process
How To Apply
Make sure to send:
- Any resume / portfolio of your experience.
- Examples of work you’ve made, either code or examples of what the code does.
- Any previous games you’ve worked on before.
- Anything else that you’re proud of and think would impress us!
You can contact me by either replying here, on discord (preferred) via DreadNautical#7764
Thanks for reading!
We look forward to hearing from you!