[HIRING ($1000 USD & % Rev.)] Lead Scripter needed for Project Pacifica!

I never said I was applying to this topic, I just was replying to someone.

Anyone who reads this, I do not recommend doing this. They very well just could be looking for proof that you wrote it, but they still could take it. That being said, I do not know this company, so it could be completely legit and it is completely up to you. Just a word of advice.

Rather than accusing someone of something from a unclear sentence, you can just ask for the OP to clarify on what they meant in the post. What they probably want is just some examples of your code from a personal project or something from a commission out of context. From my experence the project pacifica team has been very trustworthy and have followed through with all their promises. I honestly think it would be a bit of a streach to say they want to steal your scripts like you implied in your post.

2 Likes

I didn’t say oop is complicated, in fact it’s simple. It just shouldn’t be a requirement bc it’s a simple concept and is considered basic in other langs.

Interested, Sent a friend request Eric_Homemade#1243.

I love the progress made, and if the project is still going and if you’re looking for a co-UI designer,

1 Like

Would just like to update that this post is still open and all details involved are still relevant.

After some changes, we’ve decided to reopen this application, and have raised the payment to $1,000 USD. Please consider this offer! :slight_smile: Add DreadNautical#7764 if you are interested.

My name is Hallows I have direct messaged you please dm me back when you have a chance.

1 Like

Thank you for your interest, added you back.

Yea respond to me back when you get a chance I sent you everything you need to know

1 Like

Because it’s a standard, I remember having to completely change the way I program in order to be able to use OOP.
It makes games much more organized, rather than having tons of scripts just shoved in workspace and other services.

1 Like

ive sent a request ceo of poverty#0403

hope your not making everything object oriented, otherwise you’re better off not using OOP at all.

what are you talking about lol, why would “making everything object oriented” make OOP bad?

I see a lot of ppl who just learned how to OOP and make all of their code Object Oriented. Non OOP code is better than all OOP code imo. And I didn’t talk about OOP being bad.

But how? Object oriented seems to have it’s advantages, and it is not absolutely mandatory that you are knowledgeable of it but definitely preferred for this project.

Less than 10% of my modules r classes.

OOP is still unnecessary for probs most stuff you are scripting on roblox and it honestly looks sort of ridiculous when people use it for the weirdest cases when there’s no point, it’s just needlessly abstracting your code when it’s already simple enough (not saying this is always the case).
I actually think it is a good idea for understanding oop to be a requirement because that means they have at least some knowledge in general programming

1 Like

Hi there!

I’ve added you on Discord and look forward to getting in touch. (Tom#2621)
In the meantime you can take a look at my portfolio here:

Hope to speak to you soon,
-Tom :slight_smile:

1 Like