How can I make GUIs to other devices?

I’m using Mac to play my games through Roblox Studio, but I think I have a GUI shutdown button. I put this closing button in a position by scaling. However, when I look at this GUI from different devices such as Ipad, the location of the off button shifts to a different location. This off button was only an example, except for the buttons, there are also TextLabels. (Any kind of GUI is also available) How can I fix this?

Use scale almost purely. Depending on the case, I would say 99% of the UI I make is purely using scale only. Use of the various UIConstraints almost if recommended

1 Like

There are several ways to do this, however there are a few ways I’d recommend.

Firstly, you could manually change their offset, it only takes a few minutes to change everything. To do this, go into the Frame/ ImageLabel / whatever’s properties. Then, Find the Size. If you expand it, you’ll get X and Y, and expand it even more you get offset and Scale. Offset isn’t helpful, so make sure you change the offset to 0. After that, make the scale however big it was. Aka, if offset was 450, the scale would be around 0.4 (it may take some experimenting though to get the right size).

1 Like

You can resolve issues like this by learning more about Scale & Offset. Here’s a small tutorial that might give you a better understanding of this:

Keep in mind that some scaling issues cannot be fixed only with Scale & Offset. In some cases you’ll need to implement device specific code. You can learn more about indentifying devices in this thread:

1 Like