How do I disable top bar on HD admin?

I’m trying to disable “Custom top bar” where the HD admin icon is, but no matter what I do, I can’t figure out how.

I’ve looked through as many tutorials as I could find and couldn’t figure it out. I tried using code to disable it once you load in, I’ve tried just making the “CustomTopBar” not visible, I’ve tried editing parts of HD Admin’s code, nothing has been working. Even deleting the entire “HDAdminsGUIs” in the explorer, it still somehow appears in game. I put this in scripting support category since I assume the way to do it will be through code, but I’m not entirely sure if there’s an easier, more reliable way.

I never personally used it, but my guess is you can press play, check your player gui for where it is, then sift through the code or gui searching for that name and seeing where it’s at. Hope this helps.

it would be better in the long run to just make your own admin panel as you can have absolute control over it as well as have it tailored to your game’s needs.

I did try this, but maybe my code was wrong since it didn’t do anything at all

if player.PlayerGui:FindFirstChild("CustomTopBar") then
	player.PlayerGui.HDAdminGUIs.CustomTopBar.Visible = false
end

Making your own admin panel can take lots of time, and may not even end up good in the long run. I suggest using alternatives like nexus admin or the new and improved kohls.

Also I do agree this would be best, but my level of coding is nowhere near enough to do that.

1 Like

I recommend alternatives like the new kohls or nexus admin.

It’s possible that it’s being set to true after you make it false by coincidence. Instead of telling you to do a while loop, a better and more organized solution is to open up any script, go to script tab on the top, press find button, and press find all. In the text searcher put in HDAdminGUIs and see if there’s a line in the source code that sets it to the player. Afterwards you can comment out that line or just edit it so that it’s false.

Note (Edit) : For open source stuff like this that are really large, I recommend setting the ScreenGui.Enabled to false and not a child of the ScreenGui.

I might do this eventually, but as of right now I’m sticking with HD Admin since I’ve already worked it into so much of the game.

Also I’ve tried looking through a lot of its code, but since I’m not good at coding I don’t fully understand everything. It seems like even if I remove code or edit code that would be the solution, like “CustomTopBar.Visible = true” to “CustomTopBar.Visible = false”, it never does anything. This is a complete guess but I feel like it’s pulling the gui stuff from elsewhere other then the explorer, especially because, like I said, even when deleting all the gui from the explorer, it still seems to all work.

Is this the old version of HD Admin? I looked at the toolbox on Roblox Studio and grabbed the main module. The HD Admin in the topbar is not there.

But while I wait, I recommend just deleting one script at a time and see if the topbar goes away.

Late to this discussion, but for future reference, the topbar is handled here: MainModule.Client.Modules.GUIs.TopBarIcon It may cause issues by deleting the script itself, but its always good to experience around.