How do I hide the menu button (if its possible)

Hello, I’m making a 2007 style game, and having both my menu, and the Roblox one there is kind of bugging me.

Is it possible to hide the menu button, if so can you help with it?
I saw this topic, but it isn’t really applied to this topic, as one is asking for us to be able to (which is old so I don’t know if we can now), and this is asking of how I could (if I can anyways).

(By the way, I’m talking about this button, if its possible to make it hidden: image)

I know it is possible to edit parts of the menu, because of pictures like this: image
or

(this was a video on Twitter here, and the same person made another version here.)

If it’s not possible to edit the actual “menu” button, then how do people do things like this?

Reference

1 Like

If you’re talking about the core gui meaning the default roblox gui buttons, then no you aren’t able to hide them.

I think the is a way like to disable it, but it’s impossible to hide them.

1 Like

Like @CRAFTRONIX_457 said, there is way to disable the core gui. I’m pretty sure its by using the startergui service try putting the following:

local StarterGui = game:GetService("StarterGui")
 StarterGui:SetCoreEnabled(Enum.CoreGuiType.All, false) -- this will disable all core gui

If you wanna disable a certain core gui then write the same thing, but after the CoreGuiType put the core gui you wanna disable like this:

StarterGui:SetCoreEnabled(Enum.CoreGuiType.Health, false) -- this will disable only the health core gui

And if you wanna disable every core gui except one you can do the following:

StarterGui:SetCoreEnabled(Enum.CoreGuiType.All, false)
StarterGui:SetCoreEnabled.CoreGuiType.whatever you want, false)

The developer Hub has a great article on this that you can check out here

3 Likes

I tried it for myself, but it didn’t work. At least in Studio

I recomend use that code but,1 by one instead of all.

Did you put it in a local script, inside of StarterGui?

Yes, i modified it and the way that worked out is disableing them 1 by 1

local StarterGui = game:GetService(“StarterGui”)
StarterGui:SetCoreGuiEnabled(Enum.CoreGuiType.Chat, false)
StarterGui:SetCoreGuiEnabled(Enum.CoreGuiType.PlayerList, false)
StarterGui:SetCoreGuiEnabled(Enum.CoreGuiType.Backpack, false)

local CoreGui = game:GetService("StarterGui") --the service

CoreGui:SetCoreGuiEnabled(Enum.CoreGuiType.Backpack, false) --this is the method disabling the backpack; you can see I set it to false, and chose the backpack
CoreGui:SetCoreGuiEnabled(Enum.CoreGuiType.Health, false) --you can see you can disable other things, here is all of them https://developer.roblox.com/en-us/api-reference/enum/CoreGuiType

CoreGui:SetCoreGuiEnabled(Enum.CoreGuiType.Backpack, true) --and you can set it back by replacing false with true

Well, if that’s the way it works for you, then do it. For me, it personally works the way I put it, which would be by disabling them all at once.

There is no way to change or remove the Roblox menu button. You may remove other core GUI buttons, but the menu button cannot be removed.

This is due to the fact that it contains core settings and acts as the “escape menu” that you may find in other games.

Unfortunately, you’ll just have to work around it. You can, however, reconfigure the reset button using a BindableEvent if it’s any consolation.

Edit: in relation to the photo and video you added, they have either edited the files in the Roblox LocalAppData directories to achieve the different colours, or overridden the local CoreScripts in Studio, which is possible via the settings. These changes are not replicated when playing games in Roblox Player, however.

3 Likes

SetCoreEnabled won’t disable menu button, why roblox want their players stay on a game forever

I remember playing a scam game that had completely removed that button. I couldn’t even press Escape to open it and the only way to close the game was by closing Roblox completely. There was no button for it which I considered weird so I am pretty sure it is removeable somehow.

4 Likes

You’d probably have to like go into some corescripts to find that part but I’d assume it’d be hard to do

Not hard at all.
Open your Search bar and find “Roblox”. Right click on it then click open file location. Then right click on Roblox Player again and click open file location. Then go to
content > textures > ui > Settings

Then change the images to whatever you want. Make sure to save the default images in case you want to return to the original version

This game called LIMBO somehow removed it and when you press ESC nothing happens

Bump, I need this too.

I found a way to do this (Still works!) but any UI you have in StarterGui won’t show up, because it prevents CoreGui and StarterGui objects from being replicated to the PlayerGui or whatever so if you have any UI like a shop button, the old coregui (remade) etc it won’t show up so I need a new method to do this

Some of the previous statements are false, you can in fact remove the Menu button on Roblox.

Place a localscript inside ReplicatedFirst and rename the PlayerGui element to your liking.

game.Players.LocalPlayer.PlayerGui.Name = "NameHere"

And there you go!
The reason this works is that inside Roblox’s core script, it’s possible to see that the first things being loaded in are the functionality of the menu button & more. By changing the name of the PlayerGui as quickly as possible it won’t find the PlayerGui it’s referred to since we’re quick enough to change its name.

NOTE: This means that you have to refer to PlayerGui as the name you gave it as.

The player will keep all of their settings such as Graphics Quality, Mouse Sensitivity & Volume, etc, and can only be changed through other games before joining. This has been annoying side effects and we hope one day to really have Roblox allowing us to make our game freely with a professional pursuit.

Sincerely,
Artyom - Games Sweden.

6 Likes

It works perfectly, thank you so much

2 Likes