How do I make a world generation system with cities connected by paths?

Hello there!

I was thinking of making a open-world survival game similar to 7 Days to Die. I can get how to make most of the systems, like inventory, zombie hordes, etc… Except the main one, The so-called “RWG” (Random World Generation) system with seeds and how to optimize it.

The aspect of this system is that it’s not just some terrain made from perlin noise, but a big map with different biomes, lakes and rivers, forests, mountains, traders, farms, loneny houses and randomly generated cities and villages, connected by roads and dirt paths, with bridges on rivers where they go. Also random loot spawns in the buildings every time.

I want the terrain itself to be something simple, like minecraft-type terrain mixed with old roblox voxel terrain but with pbr textures on blocks. (like 7 days to die in it’s first stages)

The issue is that no matter what I tried, I didn’t find anything too close to what I really want to achieve.
I looked at tutorials, tried ai chats, including assistant and searched on devforum, but no success.
Of course, it’s not that hard to make a simple terrain system with biomes, but it would be many times harder to make the things I listed.
I also do know how could I make a simple additional script which puts those cities randomly… but how to make them random and connect at least a few paths from them to other cities, and also not forget about bridges about rivers?

Im not the most knowledgeable in this subject but have you tried making modular terrain/city pieces that always connect to each other?

https://devforum.roblox.com/search?q=map%20generation%20%23help-and-feedback