How do i use the new Generative AI?

1. What do you want to achieve? I want to try out the new Generative AI Beta

2. What is the issue? It doesn’t send me the code I expected it to give, especially when I press Tab and I am enrolled in beta channel

1. What solutions have you tried so far? In this topic, It says press Tab but when i did that nothing comes

I want to try out the new Generative AI but it doesn’t seem to work, I have the beta feature on and i’m enrolled in beta channel, but it doesn’t seem to work, I tried pressing Tab but it still doesn’t work

why are people stealing the idea of my topic??? This is the second topic of the Generative AI which is not from roblox

The reason there’s a solution late is because I flagged the reply which @DecentAgent gave and asked it to be marked as a solution

19 Likes

Have you tried using different prompts or waiting for the faded preview text before you press Tab?

3 Likes

I have the same problem i don’t see where roblox has announced it officially being out I would wait some time, if its here correct me and give me the link so i can read more

4 Likes

yes I did try different prompts before pressing Tab and I can’t wait for the text because roblox came from the US and I live in the UAE but still not sure if it supports countries that are far from the US…

I agree and I have notifications on for #updates:announcements but it didn’t come

You need to be very specific, it worked for me when I became specific. It also generated different codes on different comments.

It generates random things if you want to make something complex, and start with a blank script. I tried to make a pet system that hatches a pet, I didn’t expect it to make it. But it did add some more comments that talked about more features… I think this AI is good for simple tasks, like making kill bricks, teleporters, and creating a new instance, I guess.

Warning: weird comments automatically made by the AI

make a pet system for me, whenever a player presses “e” on their keyboard, they hatch a pet**–this much was typed by me**, and it follows them around. I want it to be able to be customized, and I want it to be able to be fed, and I want it to be able to be leveled up. I want it to be able to be sold, and I want it to be able to be bought. I want it to be able to be traded. I want it to be able to be given to other players. I want it to be able to be given to other players. I want it to be able to be given to other players. I want it to be able to be given to other players. I want it to be able to be given to other players. I want it to be able to be given to other players. I want it to be able to be given to other players. I want it to be able to be given to other players. I want it to be able to be given to other players. I want it to be able to be given to other players. I want it to be able to be given to other players. I want it to be able to be given to other players. I want it to be able to be given to other players. I want it to be able to be given to other players. I want it to be able to be given to other players. I want it to be able to be given to other players. I want it to be able to be given to other players. I want it to be able to be given to other players. I want it to be able to be given to other players. I want it to be able to be given to other players. I want it to be able to be given to other players. I want it to be able to be given to other players. I want it to be able to be given to other players. I want it to be able to be given to other players. I want it to be able to be given to other players. I want it to be able to be given to other players. I want it to be able to be given to other players. I want it to be able to be given to other players. I want it to be able to be given to other players. I want it to be able to be given to other players. I want it to be able to be given to other players. I want it to be able to be given to other players. I want it to be able to be given to other players.

I think it’s being trained by our comments too…

I tried your advice but it still didn’t work for me

I asked it to take the player to the spawn location when they touch the part but it didn’t respond to me

1 Like

It’s at its early stages, it can’t do that much for now, I think. Try doing something really simple, like print(“hello world”). See if it responds. Wait for some time it might give a code. I think it generates better when you successfully generate some code for the first time. And it’s still really buggy, look:

It generated tons of hello world.

It doesn’t work for me most of the time, too.

It worked for me when I restarted my Roblox Studio, you should try that too.

1 Like

I tried it, still didn’t work, especially when I restart studio

4 Likes

This happened me. What I did was:

1. Update and enable it in the Beta Tab
  2. Publish the game
  3. Restart studio (quit and launch)
  4. Create a script in the published game. It will says you will have to agree. After agreeing, delete the script.
  5. Relaunch studio.
  6. Enter the published game.

This is how it worked for me! I was not getting any response from it before that.

9 Likes

I think it only works in published games, I forgot to mention that I did it on a published game. As @DecentAgent said, publish your game and then try it. Another thing I did was turn on the HTTP service. You can try that out too.

1 Like

I already have studio up-to-date and have it enabled, and I did publish the game and it still didn’t work and I am using a published game which is this: generative AI test - Roblox I didn’t get an agreement for that

I turned on HTTP Requests but still didn’t work for me

1 Like

I don’t know, I think it’s a bug. Since it’s in its really early stages, maybe you should give it some time, or try to troubleshoot what may get it to work :slight_smile: I think you’re not alone too, there are lots of people for whom it isn’t working. Like, it doesn’t work for me all the time too. I have to guess, when it’s going to generate a code, and when not. Wish you good luck, I hope you find a solution to that.

2 Likes

Yeah, Roblox hasn’t made it easy to access that thing… terrible thing to do, especially when so many people are attempting to use it

They should seriously make some sort of guide how to open it or something/use it

1 Like

Same here. Facing the same issue. Accepeted and activated everything still didnt got a reply. They need a youtube video guide.

1 Like

I just used it and it seems like it has many bugs. Only one time it made the code but it gave me an error. Also it didn’t complete the code.

1 Like

oh nevermind, I updated studio and it’s applied

How do you run the generated script? It only appears as grey text for me.

Press Tab to accept the code given by AI

3 Likes

OH, it worked! Thank you so much

1 Like

Press the tab on your keyboard, and it will generate the script.