How does the Roblox algorithm work? It's complicated

Curious about how the Roblox algorithm works? Well, there is a lot to it.

I just recently put together an answer to that in video format, and if you’re interested, you can take a look here:

Some things I cover include key metrics, advertising, tiering, benchmarks, and more.

Hope this helps, thanks for the short read :slight_smile:

22 Likes

First Roblox developer to not gatekeep the algorithm

7 Likes

This is really good! I would recommend every dev trying to make a living by game to know this! The quality and format tho over all is very nice. It’s pretty awesome tho to see it in video form for my short attention span lol.

Perhaps tho I would love to see even an more in depth version going into how to keep higher retention and stuff because knowing all of this info is great but many people don’t know how to implement it. All in all tho pretty cool

4 Likes

The workings of the algorithm are not as gate-keeped as one might think— the official Roblox documentation goes into considerable depth: Discovery | Documentation - Roblox Creator Hub.

However, what would be even more valuable (sharing the same sentiment from the above message) is guidance on how to enhance these metrics, along with insight into their nuances.

Case studies would also be awesome to see. Example of how someone managed to improve their session time by 2.5 mins source
A more in-depth example/case study: Liftoff - A Case Study
Another cool read: RoCitizens Case Study: Improving Player Retention - Roblox Blog

2 Likes