How should we accomplish this?

I have been working on an open sourced asset library with a team and some questions have risen, we have been trying to work out a solution, but we just can’t figure anything out.

Problem #1

We plan on creating a plugin that will insert the assets in your game (similar to toolbox) To insert assets, we plan on using InsertService. But this comes with a problem, we also want to have some assets exclusive to users who have bought a gamepass. If we do this, how would we make sure that people do not find out the id of the asset and insert it into their game. At first we thought we could use a random alt to hold the exclusive assets, but that doesn’t stop people from finding the alt. How do we solve this?

Problem #2

We realized InsertService cannot insert models you don’t own, does this apply with plugins? We found an alternative Insert Cloud Module which is able to insert models you don’t own. But is there a better way to do this? How can we insert the assets without using InsertService?

Thanks in advance!
-The RoLibrary Team

We still haven’t figured anything out, would we have to use HTTP Service?

There is an alternative, yes. You can try this module, which I have recently discovered. HTTP Service is not required for this, however I don’t think it comes with sandboxing.

1 Like

Well, it’s required to have HTTP enabled but you don’t need to set up your own web server for this.

1 Like

Does it support Meshes or Decals?

Yes, it supports meshes and decals. However, it does not support union operations I believe.

1 Like

I will look into it! Thanks!

Do you think it will also fix our second problem?

This module also solves problem #2. It’s able to insert models you don’t own.

Oh sorry I meant problem one :woman_facepalming:

For problem one, you could try obfuscating your plugin with a lua obfuscator. Obfuscation is basically making your code hard to read, meaning it would be harder to read your code, making it hard to steal the model IDs.

1 Like