How some people made global illumination?

i saw some people on devforum made Global Illumination and ray-tracing things like reflection and more
how do i do that? is that beta feature? or mod manager?

3 Likes

Can you send a link to the post? :smiley:

1 Like

I would like to have a link please. I’ve been doing some research on Global Illumination, Ray Tracing, SSR and much more. Every bit of knowledge on the topic is REALLY important for me. :slight_smile:

1 Like

also you can search global illumination for more topics :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks for the quick answer :slight_smile:

2 Likes

There are a few ways people could have done it:

• They could have just added extra surface, point, and/or spot lights to fake RTGI (Ray Traced Global Illumination)
  • They could have baked lighting in an external program such as blender
    Or they could have used this: Guide to Ray Tracing with Reshade - ReShade Forum

The link above explains how this shader works. It’s called SSRTGI (Screen Spaced Ray Traced Global Illumination). The SSRTGI isn’t TRUE ray tracing because it only calculates light bounces on screen, anything off-screen isn’t taken into account. It can be used on any game where the ReShade depth buffer works, which includes Roblox. I’ve never seen anyone talk about having used this shader in Roblox, so I have my doubts on weather or not anyone has actually used this.

If you don’t have a very powerful graphics card to run the SSRTGI, you can download this ReShade preset which has a whole load of Screen Spaced stuff including Global Illumination (it’s not ray traced though). https://roshade.com/

Oh yeah, also the reflections are Screen Spaced as well, and comes with ReShade when you download it.

3 Likes