How to activate Phase 2 of Clouds in CloneTroopers Mod Manager!

Hey Developers,

Roblox’s team has worked hard on Phase 2 and so far its looking pretty good! Much nicer than phase one. Anyways, lets get too it!

Phase 2 Examples

Note: These images are from me and @TheCrypticRunner 's open world storm chasing game Summer’s Valley

How to do It

Step 1.

Open up the Mod Manager. You can download it here.

Step 2.

Once opened, you should see this:

If not already, set Studio Branch to sitetest2.robloxlabs. Once set to sitetest2, set the Target Version to (Use Latest).

Step 3.

Press on the “Edit Fast Flags,” button. Once pressed you should see something like this:

Step 4.

In the Search Bar, search “RenderClouds.” You should then see this:

Select on RenderClouds and press Override Selected and set it to true.

Step 5.

Do the exact same as Step 4 but instead of overriding fflag “RenderClouds,” Your going to override the fflag, “CloudsMvp.”

Step 6.

Once the 2 fflags are overridden, exit out with the X in the top corner and you should then see this:
Simply press Launch Studio and open up a baseplate and insert clouds into the Terrain thingy inside Workspace.

Phase 2 beta is coming!

Warning

Do not use these new features unless you are using them for testing purposes only. They are not public or even in beta yet.

10 Likes

No. Just no.

Everybody gonna use a ready cloud script free model, WHYYY!!

other than that great tutorial.

3 Likes

thats really helpful for people who building an open world game

1 Like

I don’t know if this is just me, but you have to use “sitetest2” instead of “sitetest3” as “CloudsMvP” does not appear in flag editor in sitetest3. (RenderClouds still appears in both though)

1 Like

Obligatory warning that you should only change FFlags if you know what you’re doing and are okay with using experimental features for the sake of testing. The thread needs to do a better job at clearly identifying that this is for testing purposes and does not reflect on production environments.

3 Likes

It appears it moved to sitetest 2. Interesting.

1 Like

It appears that it has changed once more, does anyone know what it has changed to this time?

Why dont’cha try looking for it?

1 Like

I wouldn’t know what it is, since today is my first day of using this software.

Why dont’cha try navigating around it?

Why dont’cha try not being passive-aggressive?

2 Likes

I do apologize for being passive-aggressive myself, but the way you replied would’ve annoyed most people who were new to this kind of software. I had been asking for help since I’m new to mod manager and wanted to try the new clouds early. Anyways, is there anything that I should look for when looking for the new Fflag? Any help would be appreciated!

1 Like

I am also sorry for being passive aggressive!

2 Likes