How to animate Tool Parts (Guns, Knifes etc.)

I think this is a Roblox animation editor bug, sometimes it works but sometimes it doesn’t. Or maybe you should try switching local and world axis by hitting Ctrl+L.
If you want to move the model, you can just move the BodyAttach since other parts are connected to it.

4 Likes

Can it be used for another Gun kit Like FE Gun kit?

4 Likes

Hmm…useful. i must try this

2 Likes

Good method, I have tested your method with Moon Suite, with many different melee type weapons and also guns.

I didn’t have one issue due to prior knowledge at scripting and I didn’t really need any support here, thank you for sharing!

5 Likes

Although, if you have time do you mind making a viewmodel tutorial as well cause I read your older post of when you needed help with a view model, since I want to learn how to do it properly a proper guide will be nice (Even with R6)

4 Likes

When I tried to animate a tool like this, my animation plays but it does not animate the arms and the tool destroys itself after the animation is over. The animation executes with the weapon animating exactly as it would but nothing else animates then is destroyed. My code is almost the same as the example code with the exception that I am handling two motor6Ds. Any idea how I can fix this?

EDIT: The issue was due to cancollide being off for all parts, I had to set the attachment parts that are connected to the torso with their cancollide on but it still doesn’t animate any limbs. I think the server doesn’t properly see it connected to the tool to the character like the client does and that if you have it all on cancollide off, it will fall into the void.

5 Likes

Mind showing some screenshots/gifs of it happeninng? It’s confusing to understand your problem without them.
@Korrow maybe in the future!

3 Likes

Very well explained and very useful. Thank you a lot.

2 Likes

Thanks, would appreciate it! ok

2 Likes

The tool requires a cancollide part since I think the tool falls to the void on the server’s view and completely destroys it while the client sees it as it normally should. While a cancollide part is able to be dealt with, I ideally don’t want to have any cancollide parts.

The biggest issue is the animation not running for any limbs (in my case, I need it to run for the arms). Here is the GIF.

EDIT: Also, if you don’t mind me asking, how would I make an equip animation for the tool? This is meant to be an equipping animation so I do want the last second of the animation to be the player’s animation to hold the sword as well.

3 Likes

Seems that you haven’t code the server part or the RemoteEvent is failing, you have to weld the Motor 6D on both client and server.

2 Likes

Thank you for quickly responding, I realized I made a simple logical mistake during the server part so I did fix the destroying itself issue, however, the unanimated limbs problem remains.

3 Likes

Make sure your animation has higher priority than the default animations! It’s recommended to set tool animations’ priority to the highest, which is Action.

3 Likes

Forgot to mention this but the animation is already on Action. The animation does run after all, its just the arms not animating.

2 Likes

I found out that it was due to using the wrong rig type! Sorry for such a simple mistake but at least it might help others who have my problem if they don’t know about this.

2 Likes

Can you do a tutorial or help me on how your arm moves up and down whenever your mouse moves up and down?

Tsym I love this tutorial as it is explained very well and easy to understand! :smile:

1 Like

In your last video of the M16 being pointed at the mouse whilst in first person Im wondering which method did you use to execute that, I know how to do the rotation and such I just don’t know the best way to perform it such as changing C0/C1 on each of the Motor6ds

2 Likes

So thrilled to have run across this excellent tutorial. Thank you for taking the time to write it up. I’m working on a skateboarding game using animations instead of a traditional rolling board. I’ve been able to get it working very well, and have animated several tricks, but I have the board completely attached to one foot, so I’ve not been able to animate any tricks where the board separates from that one foot (kickflip for example). I think this is the solution!

2 Likes

This was super helpful!
The unidentified variables confused me for a moment but I manged to get this to work within a couple of minutes. I’ve always wanted to know how to do this, thanks man.

1 Like