How to animate Tool Parts (Guns, Knifes etc.)

I found out that it was due to using the wrong rig type! Sorry for such a simple mistake but at least it might help others who have my problem if they don’t know about this.

2 Likes

Can you do a tutorial or help me on how your arm moves up and down whenever your mouse moves up and down?

Tsym I love this tutorial as it is explained very well and easy to understand! :smile:

1 Like

In your last video of the M16 being pointed at the mouse whilst in first person Im wondering which method did you use to execute that, I know how to do the rotation and such I just don’t know the best way to perform it such as changing C0/C1 on each of the Motor6ds

2 Likes

So thrilled to have run across this excellent tutorial. Thank you for taking the time to write it up. I’m working on a skateboarding game using animations instead of a traditional rolling board. I’ve been able to get it working very well, and have animated several tricks, but I have the board completely attached to one foot, so I’ve not been able to animate any tricks where the board separates from that one foot (kickflip for example). I think this is the solution!

2 Likes

This was super helpful!
The unidentified variables confused me for a moment but I manged to get this to work within a couple of minutes. I’ve always wanted to know how to do this, thanks man.

1 Like

It works but when i equip the tool, there’s a split second where tool is offsetted in it’s original position which makes it look unnatural.

You can see how there’s a slight delay in the motor being added, in that short amount of time, the tool is at its default position when i started animating it
https://gyazo.com/8ee78ffbde4100f49a9f6792cbbcbd5b

This is how it looks like when i attached a Motor6D to the RightHand and connect it to the tool’s Grip. I didn’t rotate it or anything because if i did, i’d have to rotate it in the exact same position every time i want to animate
https://gyazo.com/cf222c3674e194f25bdf16173e0ec655

Also, i have all the animations done for it already and i can’t change its default position when animating or else all animations will change.

1 Like

Maybe it’s because the previous OnServerEvent was still on-going and it happens if you re-equip too fast. I’ll update the code sample to prevent that in the future if I have time.

You can also spend some time to make an equip animation!

2 Likes

I came up with a temporary fix which is to make the tool invisible for 0.1 second and set it back to visible. It seems somewhat impractical but it works for the time being.

1 Like

Whenever I connect the Motor6D to my BodyAttach, the gun flips upside down.

1 Like

I still have some things a bit off but otherwise looking good! I can use this for future reference now.
SwordTest

5 Likes

How are you animating the gun when Part0 for the Motor6D is attached to the torso? For me it’s easier to visually see what is happening when I have Part0 connected to the arm, but I found I am limited to what I can do.

How can I see the weapon move where I want it to when Part0 is the Torso? Am I supposed to guess?

1 Like

Actually, both torso and arm works. It really depends on what are you animating on. The benefit of using arms is you can animate arm movement / tool swings way easier, but just a reminder that: If your right arm moves, your tool moves.

3 Likes

@Headstackk if you’ve been then

I would like to learn how you make the weapons, if you script it I would like that more so then making the gun but either way I would like to see how you create and make them!

1 Like

How do I make the clip fall to the ground and disappear as the rig inserts a new clip?

2 Likes

i feel dumb but i dont know how to make a motor 6 d witch plugin is it

1 Like

Well, did you by any chance attach the part0 of the Motor6D to the hand?

Ive fixed it nevermind
(30 characters)

1 Like

Will this worked with moon studio animator plugin as well?

1 Like

I already know how to animate these, but how do I make it function as a tool?