How to build a simple ship with a realistic bow

Intro

Hello! Recently, the roblox maritime community has blasted into the air, after it being highlighted by particular youtubers, and this of course, means more devs trying to make ships. There’s the simpler way to make it which you can just look at a ship and attempt building it but for one with a bow in the style of a cruise, you need to follow this tutorial!

You will need:

A decent PC
GapFill plugin

Steps

Step 1:

First off, make a thin part like so:

Step 2:

Now duplicate it a couple times in the direction of the front of the bow but make it a bit longer, like this:
(I’d suggest having rotate to 10)

Step 3:

Now, duplicate & rotate all of that like this:

Then line it up like this with the move tool:

Step 4:

Next, duplicate what we have so far and move it up like this:
Then, scale the 2 parts at the back like this:

Step 5:

Now, get GapFill out, and select thinnest:
Now connect all of the parts with the corresponding parts on both sides:

You should have this:

Step 6:

Now, connect all the parts on top like this:

You should have this:

(Do not connect the big lines at the back if you want a garage.)

Step 7:

Now, you can make the top of the ship, like this:

(This is a ship I made earlier)

Step 8:

Now, to make a realistic ship windows with unions, look at this:

I’ve made this a free model as it’s extremely hard to make: Ship Window - Roblox

Step 9:

Basically, just copy this bow, it’s hard to make a tutorial on:

Making the ship move

Now, add a seat into the bow, and group everything. Then add this to the model once grouped: qPerfectionWeld - Perfect welding for EVERY situat - Roblox

You’re then going to need to add a ship driving script out of toolbox and add it to the ship model, unless you buy your own. The best for me is this:

(I did not make and take no credit, thanks for Laatikkoxx for showing how this works)

Hope you enjoyed this tutorial! It seems complicated but only takes 3 mins to make one once you get the hang of it, you can make speedboats with this technique too! Comment any questions or concerns.

Bye! :wave:

64 Likes

Very cool, I was really looking for a way to create a ship without using Blender. Tho lot of these steps and methods can be easily done by using the GapFill plugin, that fills parts and places for you. :+1:

1 Like

Hi, I’m not sure what you mean by:

These steps do use GapFill.

1 Like

Wrong. The steps of rotating can just be done through gapfill

I’m not that good of a builder, so i’m bookmarking this for later, really good tutorial.

1 Like

mhm good stuff :+1: For people like me who weren’t able to get good at building as they did scripting, this tutorial is very useful. The body like something out of blender :ok_hand:

2 Likes

This does use gapfill… read it before ranting off.

nice tutorial!, I’m mainly glad that it doesn’t use blender, and if parts become too hefty you can export it as a .OBJ and then reimport as a mesh, so that’s cool too.

good stuff

Step one: Use blender.

Step two: Import to Roblox.

Step three: Profit.

(This was a really good ship tutorial though if you want to start learning how to make models on studio)

5 Likes

Well Mr. Sherlock if you didn’t get the point of “this is for people who can’t use blender” then I think you need some researching. Honestly, the entire point of this was for people unable to use blender. And that is useless, telling people to just “Use blender”, it takes months to learn advanced blender modelling, and many people don’t need that level of detail, this takes 5 minutes to do. So if someone asks to buy a script, you don’t just say “Just learn to script”, it’s the same here.

Just some advice when uselessly commenting on posts.

4 Likes

How does the boat script work? Where do I insert the model into the seat’s model, because it does not say in the instructions in the model

1 Like

Thanks for the tutorial, I’m going to try this out later. A quick question, what kind of ship would you reccomend for this kind of bow? I was thinking of making a cruise ship but I feel like the hull would have to be flat-backed for the hull to make sense, so I don’t know if it would apply as well.

Thanks for the boat script really helps.

1 Like