How to make a good portfolio

Nice tutorial! Here are a few things I think would help people make their portfolios look better.

• coollogo.com is great for making formatted text if graphic design isn’t your thing.
  • If you find a great portfolio you can view the mark up code used to write it by adding raw to the URL. For example, you can see the raw of this comment by going to https://devforum.roblox.com/raw/550447/29. The first number is the topic id and the next is the comment number.
    NOTE: Never directly copy topics or steal pictures, as this can possibly result in a suspension or even a ban from the developer form.
3 Likes

Can you give me the font name used in the banners?

2 Likes

Question, would editing the title in my portfolio (switching between OPEN and CLOSED) bump my portfolio to the top of #collaboration:portfolios?

1 Like

Nope. The only things that bump topics are creating and replying.

so that means… whenever I switch to OPEN, I have to create a new topic? or how do I get people to see my portfolio otherwise?

Generally you aren’t allowed to bump topics intentionally. You can send your portfolio to people in #collaboration:recruitment. You can also post your portfolio in the Roblox dev forum discord.

“Do not bump topics and do not post duplicate topics”

2 Likes

How do I add images on my showcase tab??

Good for new players who don’t know much about making a portfolio. I hope that helps out new players!

Really good tutorial this is what most people are looking for on the forums
Quick question though: How do you put embedded videos on I can only use embedded photos since the videos appear as downloadable files

Upload to youtube or other streaming service then put link

2 Likes

About the website can you tell me on what tips you have for making a website. Like you did

Can you explain what we need to do when we download Banner?

1 Like

Okay, no needed, I figured out. Nice tutorial Ty for that.

1 Like

ooooo, I need it… Buti dont wanna steal Ehem “Copyright?” :eyes:

1 Like

DevForum doesn’t support WMV files well, try using an MP4 or FLV.

Anyways, this is a great tutorial however I feel like it’s more of a tutorial on how to make a banner instead of making a good portfolio.

Oh ill stop using roblox’s in-game recorder in studio and probbaly use the one built into my laptop

Yeah, Xbox Game Bar Recorder/OBS/Screencast-O-Matic will work etc.

Really appreciate you man! you helped me a lot, thank you!

You can use it lol, I just made it in like five minutes just so that anybody here can use it.

Can Portfolios for Dev Beginners Create? In the beginning without paying anything, then gradually adding values would that be Ideal or props? @mvagicaI