How To Make A Mountain?

I am just wondering how do you build a mountain I am working on my showcase but dont really know how to make a mountain any help.

3 Likes

Well my suggestion is take a lot of Bricks, and put them together, and give them the material granite or pebble, or cobblestone.

1 Like

There are loads of helpful tutorials on YouTube I’d recommend looking some up on this subject but I’ve posted some below that look helpful:

1 Like

Hello there @BaggyChris!

Well, it normally depends on what type of mountain you want:

~ If you want a low-poly themed mountain, I suggest you use the Low Poly Terrain Plugin

~ If you want the mountain to be made from the studio terrain, I suggest you:
1] First use the “Add” button and change the brush to a square, also configure the base size of the brush; make sure the pivot is set to “Cen”

2] Make rows of the terrain on top of each other and make it go diagonally

3] Now, you can use the remaining tools in Terrain editor to make the mountain realistic.
Use the grow and erode to make the mountain more “Mountainish”.
Use the paint tool to paint some new terrain material onto the Mountain you have currently built

*But fist play around with the terrain editor first to get a grip to using it"

Hope my method helps :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank You So Much!!:smiley: This Will Help Me So Much!

1 Like

If you want super realistic terrain, you can use Terrain Heightmaps. You can find some cool height maps on google, or you can create your own in softwares such as photoshop, paint.net, etc.

2 Likes

Depends on what style of mountains your going for cartoony, realistic, simplistic look. You could use the common tool “terrain editor” and the design your wanting could be experimenting and testing with different methods.

I would do a little research first before attempting to create a topic just to see if your question hasn’t been asked. If you want to experiment in using part-to-terrain plugin to make different shapes of terrain, this can be achieved by using the built in terrain tools within Studio.

Think of different mountain layouts you’re wishing to achieve, or the main method of using the terrain tools. You definitely do not need to use plugins as it’s not required this is something that can be accomplished on your own with a bit of research.

There has been another thread that’s related to your question.

2 Likes

Just started to get the basics of the dev forum I should be good by friday. Thanks For The Feedback Though I Really Appreciate It!:smiley:

Ok I know that people are posting a lot of good methods for this but I simply use the grow tool, so what I do is that first I set the grow tool to lets say 50 and I grow terrain, then I lower it and set it to 45, and I keep doing this process until I reach 1, this process when done correctly allows you to make beautiful mountains.

2 Likes

That is pretty simple enough, its like a lot of LEGO in one piece

1 Like

He probably said it cause he thought he was funny

What is the low poly plugin? I’ve never heard of it.

i have not heard of that eather

No I said it because of exactly what Viro said.

But in reality, yes, its actually really easy to make a mountain.

Either using parts and scale them up, or using the terrain tool to grow them. Its that simple

1 Like

Hey there @CJ_Angel

This is the link to the plugin:

2 Likes