How to make better rope physics?

1. What do you want to achieve? Keep it simple and clear!

I want to figure out how to make rope constraints act more like ropes, so making swinging, and just better physics overall. It should be noted I would want this attached to a character.

1. What is the issue? Include screenshots / videos if possible!

I don’t know how to make a rope constraint do this, I don’t mess with constraints that much.

1. What solutions have you tried so far? Did you look for solutions on the Developer Hub?

I did find this post on the developer forum, about using a BodyForce, but it feels unnatural as you don’t constantly swing but you only swing once, or if you don’t delete the body force you always get pushed in that direction.

The current type of rope I have so far is a rope that is connected to the characters RootPart and Pushes the RootPart with a BodyForce in the camera direction, deleted shortly after.

3 Likes

https://developer.roblox.com/en-us/api-reference/class/RopeConstraint

Hope this might help you (p.s some code may or may not be outdated [if there is any])

2 Likes

More

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll try some of these out.

1 Like

Here’s one that comes with a model too!

Linked model (found in desc):

1 Like

None of these are what I’m looking for, they are either more focused on appearance or don’t function how I want them too. I’m talking about using actual rope constraints, and scripting better physics into them.

2 Likes

The physics I currently have are like this:
Rope1.wmv (2.7 MB)

The physics I want are like this:
Rope2.wmv (2.8 MB)

1 Like

I solved this a while ago by setting the humanoid’s statetype to physics.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.