How to make kilometers of Triangle Terrain in minutes

Hey there! my artist firm is VISIONS and i have been building and doing 3d Art in roblox for pretty much 10 years.

Im really jealous when it comes to sharing my techniques or some of my secrets, but here we go.

For my first Community tutorial im gonna show you one of my methods to make theorically kilometers of TRIANGLE Terrain in a few minutes.

EXAMPLE RESULT

WHAT YOU WILL NEED

------SOFTWARE---------
Blender
Roblox Studio
NotePad ++

------STUDIO PLUGINS--------

Ausomefire OBJ Importer.

STEPS

Im not gonna go into deep detail about every single step i do in Blender, for this you can search specific tutorials in their forums.

Open Blender and insert a plane.

In Sculpt Section Enable DYNTOPO.

Sculpt wathever until you think it looks like hils/mountains/ or the terrain you need

Make sure the Triangle Count doesnt go way too high, i like to keep it below 20k But it is better to have it below 10k

If your triangle count is too high make sure to add a decimation modifier which will keep near the same result with less triangles.

Export the result as OBJ to your desktop.

Right Click on the OBJ in your Desktop and open it with NotePad ++

CTRL + A On the notepad to select ALL THE CODE

Copy ALL THE CODE.

TIME TO GO TO STUDIO

Once the code is copied lets go to roblox studio, make a new baseplate and once we have the plugin installed open it.

1- PRESS ON CREATE FILES BUTTON.
2- SEARCH ObjFile In yours workspace
3- Open it.

INSIDE THE GREEN “[[ ]]” COPY ALL YOUR CODE From NotePad ++

Now Press IMPORT In your Studio Plugin, it should generate all your Terrain in triangles

There you have the OBJ Settings like SCALE, you can make the terrain A lot bigger, and edit the thicknes or other technical things like color or material.

This is pretty much it, you can add an Spawn and see it for yourself, if the post gets enough attention i might as well post a few plugins to accelerate your process when it comes to decorating your terrain.

Enjoy!

44 Likes

Always wanted to know how this was done but never really cared enough to research it, cool post! I’ll definitely remember this to use in the future. Keep up the good work!

Yup, as a quick tip of experiment remember that each triangles can be as big as roblox let them be, so there are some ways to work on really big terrains like adding more triangles per meter.

I might explain this in the future lol

2 Likes

Bump, dont let this little secret fade away!

TIP: Make sure to use the next plugin and learn how to place many repetitive props on large maps, like vegetation.

3 Likes