How to perfectly align parts no matter what?

Hello, I’m Kaiit and I’ve been building for quite some time.
My building skill is ranked at a professional rate but no one really see’s the struggle I go through while building such great work.

The most time-consuming thing ever, and that’s perfectly aligning blocks specifically after you rotate them. I’ll show an example.

A nice tilted block of two

When I rotate it

So to fix that, what i’d usually do which takes a long time, is put my increment at 0.001 until the block is looking pretty much smooth to the eye in the front

Like this

Is there any plugin to perfectly align these at their corners? Building suggestion?

Thanks!

2 Likes

Also, do NOT use gapfill for this for god’s sake.

ALSO:

Rotate parts around edges by a specified angle.

6 Likes

If your parts are aligned to begin with, and you want to rotate them without creating that gap at all, then use SBS edge rotation.

11 Likes

No wonder why my friends told me to stop using F3X. Thanks! I’ll try that out.

Yeah, I stopped using F3X around 2015 or 2016. I think it helps speed up the workflow too when you don’t have icons everywhere, and with random stuff like fire, particles, and things you don’t need to use too often. It ultimately comes down to preference, but I think SBS’ menu is much easier to navigate.

If you’re interested in more curvature/bevel related stuff, I recently wrote a guide here:

3 Likes

Select edge doesn’t seem to work while I’m using it. it doesn’t select the edges at all. Any tips?

1 Like

Instructions should appear above the SBS menu when you click SelectEdge.

It may be different depending on the plugin version, but this is mine:
Screenshot_4

1 Like

Sorry for bumping an old post, but you could also replicate the same feature with F3X’s snap feature by pressing R and selecting the point you need to use.

3 Likes