How to Test the New In-Game Menu

That explains why I have the new menu then (and most AB features when they release them) :blush: but only on the PC client, not in studio or mobile

Seems like it was increased to 50%, if that matters. Now half of the userbase should have the new menu.

I got it too, my userID ends in 45.

Edit: https://fflag.eryn.io/history/PCDesktopClient/FIntNewInGameMenuPercentRollout

1 Like

I do not have the new menu in studio or client but I can’t find the file in studio.

Can you take a screenshot of the folder where you can’t find the file? You can send it to me via messages.

1 Like

I still have the old escape menu. Is this normal?

1 Like

It still is currently in a AB testing phase. In fact, it was reduced from 50%. They likely are working out some internal issue before they release it.

3 Likes

Its currently at 1%, so yeah I guess you could say that

1 Like

Roblox is probably working on the menu again so they’ve either disabled it or they changed the flag that activates the menu or made it harder to get access to features in AB testing.

I’ll try to look into this later if I have the time.

Edit:
I forgot to mention this in the instructions, but also note that after every studio update, you must edit the isNewInGameMenuEnabled.lua file again as studio completely replaces its directory with new files and removes modified ones.

4 Likes

My UserId ends in 00 and I still have the new menu inside of games. I also tried editing the isNewInGameMenuEnabled script but I still can’t get the new menu in Studio.
You should also try copying the entire CoreScripts folder to the Roblox folder in your documents folder and rename it to CoreScriptOverrides and enable the Override CoreScripts option in the Studio settings.

I still have the menu because my UserId ends in 00

Edit: I also set my MacBook screen resolution to the lowest I could which was 1024x640 and made the Roblox application window as small as I could and I can see that the menu uses offset instead of scale so it gets really messed up when the vertical resolution is lower than 600 pixels.

The resolution the game was running at was about 1024x548 in the bottom screenshot and 1440x900 in the top screenshot.

2 Likes

They changed it to 0% so I don’t know if I or anyone else can enter AB testing anymore

1 Like

They will probably just release it together with the new Windows App Beta.

3 Likes

I’m sad I don’t have the new Roblox menu :frowning: At least I got the new menu at one point.

Aww man I dont even have scripts on the folder in extra content.

It’s now impossible:

• The extra optional scripts were removed
  • Even the Desktop App had the menu reverted back to the one from 2017
2 Likes

u can now do this again lol

through client app settings

4 Likes

Tutorial please? I always loved this menu.

1 Like

path to the client app settings?

Open your roblox file location and it should look like this
create a folder named ClientSettings then go inside the folder then create a json file named ClientAppSettings then copy and paste the entire json text from Roblox-Client-Optimizer/ClientAppSettings.json at main · L8X/Roblox-Client-Optimizer · GitHub
find FStringNewInGameMenuForcedUserIds and add your user id and you’re done now you have a super real new menu

3 Likes

Or, how about doing this instead?

Come check it out here!

3 Likes

Yeah, probably gonna use it along with Roblox Studio Mod Manager